WAP54 wont connect

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Help! I cannot communicate with my WAP54. it is a v1.0 model, and I cannot
get the web browser access either wired or wireless.

I had a problem setting up the first unit, so I thought I might have broken
it by misconfiguring something. I purchase two more units (one as a spare)
and I cannot access either of them - either with the browser or with the
software utility. Occasionally I managed to connect with the utility
previously, but now I cant even do that. So far, I have not made any changes
to the new units, but neither seem to be playing ball. I have two wireless
routers - a conexant and a WRT54 - I can access both of these with a web
browser without any trouble. (My wireless laptop has no trouble connecting
to any of the WAPs/routers)

What is happening? Why are the WAP54s so unreliable? Am I doing something
wrong?

Wrx

---

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:35:59 +0100, pete spoketh

>Help! I cannot communicate with my WAP54. it is a v1.0 model, and I cannot
>get the web browser access either wired or wireless.

Did you set the IP address on your computer so it is on the same network
as the WAP?

Lars M. Hansen
www.hansenonline.net