Warcraft Movie Adapted By Private Ryan Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]El_Capitan[/nom]So, the plot of the movie is about saving Leroooooooy Jenkins!?[/citation]
You sir, deserve a fishy stick.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]climber[/nom]Ok, bad idea, bad idea, bad idea... I like some concepts translated from game to film but WoW, will be a dud.[/citation]
Its not WoW, WoW doesn't have a story, Warcraft does. And Warcraft lore kicks @$$.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]climber[/nom]Ok, bad idea, bad idea, bad idea... I like some concepts translated from game to film but WoW, will be a dud.[/citation]Gotta love folks who have an open mind about things.

[citation][nom]HansVonOhain[/nom]It will be like the wizards against wizards I do not really understand the point of making movies from video games.[/citation]Entertainment is the point, and possibly a large sum of income from selling that entertainment to the masses.

As long as they don't throw too many cliches into the film (boobs are nice, but let's not overdo it like anime, eh?), I think it will be received well enough.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
I do not have problem of turning a video game to a movie... as long as they can make it a movie which is as good as the spider man, new 2 batman, or at least as good as the X-men serious... or at least includ some nice hot High Elfs!

otherwise... they'd better just leave it...

By the way... I do agree that the Diablo can be a better one to port to the movie... if they can make it like "Lord of the rings - fellowship of the ring"

choz

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
I think I'd prefer a hot evil Blood elf to a night Elf. You know still hot but also bad. Or at least a warlock who constantly has his succubus out. If they have a Tauren in it which constantly has a swishing tail and a fly hovering around his head that would just fail for me.

tleavit

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
(after playing the game for the first 2 years it was out).... So the movie will be about a guy sitting at the bottom of a cave endlessly farming (killing) the same mob for the 10,00th time????

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
The article sways between warcraft and world of warcraft.
I mean seriously, learn about the games a bit before writing an article..

[citation][nom]pharge[/nom]I do not have problem of turning a video game to a movie... as long as they can make it a movie which is as good as the spider man, new 2 batman, or at least as good as the X-men serious... or at least includ some nice hot High Elfs!otherwise... they'd better just leave it... By the way... I do agree that the Diablo can be a better one to port to the movie... if they can make it like "Lord of the rings - fellowship of the ring"[/citation]
Diablo? Yes...One based on the Fallout universe would be great... FreeSpace would be interesting but I doubt it would go anywhere good.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]jaragon13[/nom]The article sways between warcraft and world of warcraft.I mean seriously, learn about the games a bit before writing an article.[/citation]
They have said in other interviews that it will be based on the original Warcraft RTS lore. Also it's what the guy said, you cant edit that so I don't get your comment about "writing the article".

""We want to be really faithful to the game," Raimi said. "We would have our writer, Robert Rodat, really craft an original story within that world that feels like a 'World of WarCraft' adventure. Only obviously it's very different 'cause it's expanded and translated into the world of a motion picture.""

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
I am actually just happy as can be that Uwe Boll has nothing at all to do with this movie! A real director attached and now a real writer, this is promising. This actually could be a game movie that cross the line.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
If it was pure CG, I'd have faith it could be decent even though it's Warcraft lore, which I'm not a fan of.

But AFAIK, it's going to be live action, which with Warcraft... Eh. I mean, how are they going to incorporate the art style into that? Because art is a big piece of Warcraft...

I dunno, I don't have faith. I'm watching to see if they prove me wrong though.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]the_one111[/nom]Its not WoW, WoW doesn't have a story, Warcraft does. And Warcraft lore kicks @$$.[/citation]
Very true.
One of my favorite things about Warcraft was the lore.
You got the story from both sides, it was in depth, it was emotional, and made you want to fight for it.

So, if they want to stay true to Warcraft, will it only be based on the original WoW, not the expansions?

[citation][nom]Blessedman[/nom]I am actually just happy as can be that Uwe Boll has nothing at all to do with this movie! A real director attached and now a real writer, this is promising. This actually could be a game movie that cross the line.[/citation]
But... Uwe Boll is actually my second favorite director, only second to Steven Spielberg.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]the_one111[/nom]Its not WoW, WoW doesn't have a story, Warcraft does. And Warcraft lore kicks @$$.[/citation]
of course it does it was ripped off the Warhammer universe!

deathblooms2k1

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
In blizzards defense they did offer Warhammer (The Games Workshop) to build a version of the tabletop game as a PC game. The Games Workshop snubbed them, relishing too much in their tabletop pride, they didn't think a PC version would ever pick up. And now they are stuck forever sitting in the shadow of Warcraft. I do find it amusing that some people play warhammer PC games and claim they are rip offs of the Warcraft series.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Sam Raimi and Robert Rodat working together on a new story based on Warcraft's lore, all that financed by Activisions's endless money pit (and, by extension, MY money)? I have faith in this one. I think we can at least expect awesome warfare campaign scenes! Blood and thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.