Warcraft Movie Officially in Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
now we play the waiting game. will it be good or bad. i'm most excited to see the battles and how well the cg and makeup will be done

Onyx2291

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Haha I'll have to see if I'd want to actually see this.. If it is ever made... In either case I'll probably watch it anyway at some point in time.

midnightgun

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2007
Blizzard would rather not release it then have it considered to be bad. So there is a possibility of it being canceled right up to the last minute. Everyone involved with the making of it should know that.

I honestly think it will be one of the funniest movies ever seen on film, especially for those familiar with the subject matter.

But it will also need to appeal to those who don't play the game as well, because more then 11 million people need to see it for it to be considered a success.

midnightgun

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2007
[citation][nom]Connor M[/nom]I hope this is true, I have been hearing about this "movie" for about 6 months now.[/citation]

Blizzard can take years, sometimes a decade to make a game.

Expecting a movie by them before at least 2 years is unrealistic.

I bet they are still doing the story core.

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]midnightgun[/nom]Blizzard can take years, sometimes a decade to make a game.[/citation]
A decade might be a bit of an embellishment.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]TheDuke[/nom]now we play the waiting game. will it be good or bad. i'm most excited to see the battles and how well the cg and makeup will be done[/citation]
Well, the WoW intro movies were absolutely breathtaking. If they can do even better (4k resolution at 60+ FPS, compared to Blurays 2k resoltuion and 26FPS) on the visuals, and actually make it truly kick ass, it's a movie I'd pay $50 to see.
I absolutely loved the Warcraft lore, but lost interest in the game after the first expansion starting to mess with it.

This better not be some run down peice of crap with shiny CG though, it NEEDS to be EPIC. If Blizzard can do that, they have finally set themselves as gods.
[citation][nom]invlem[/nom]How about James Cameron instead? I'd like to see what a Warcraft movie with a 500+ million budget would look like[/citation]
$500,000,000 is way to small for this. And screw James Cameron. It needs to be more epic than that.
[citation][nom]Connor M[/nom]I hope this is true, I have been hearing about this "movie" for about 6 months now.[/citation]
They have been discussing this movie for years now.
I'm willing to wait years more for this. Blizzard may take their time, but they can make a damned fine game (hell, they scrapped SC Ghost because it was crap, even though they lost millions when they could have made millions), but they surely do take their time.
I payed $20 a month for two years, show me what me and 10,000,000+ have helped fund.

G

$15 per/month x 15 Million subscribers = $225 Million
x 12 months = 2.7 Billion per year.

Yea, they have the money to blow on an epic flick.
>:)

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
With Chris Metzen doing the story, I already feel safer. I wouldn't mind him getting help from Richard A. Knaak too. Loved his stories. Sam Raimi on the set? Sure, that could work. It can't be worst than with Michael Bay.

But what about the cast? Let's go All-American or shall we introduce fresh blood, like LotR did? I'm not sure I want to see Dwayne Johnson as Thrall or Scarlett Johansson as Lady Proudmoore ... or do I???

I also hope they put in some winks for gamers, like Leeeeeroy or looting phat lewtz, but not too much as to distract from the story. We don't need another Star Wars : Episode 1!

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I would seriously LOVE to take on directing/writing the script for this film. it would be a HUGE success if they went with the whole rise & fall of Arthas, it's original and i would imagine the cinematics to be a success, think of Avatar cinematics but with a better storyline...

I don't understand why they don't make it a 2 or 3-part movie series...

Status
Not open for further replies.