Mar 24, 2019
PC Specs:
i5 6600K
GTX980Ti
16GB RAM
1x m.2 windows drive
1x 480gb gaming drive
Single Monitor (AcerXFA240)

This problem started two days ago. Everything was working fine and it was an event weekend for Warframe so I decided to set up a second monitor (cheap old one) to watch videos on while I was grinding. It plugged in fine, I configured the monitor and I launched Warframe. This is when the problems started.

The game would go to launcher, I would click play on the launcher with usual settings, but the game would always crash on the initial loading screen. And soon the entire computer just froze and even Ctrl Alt Del didn't work. I force shut down the PC, and retried the same steps as before. It didn't work. One of these crashes resulted in the blue windows error screen (for sending error files). I unplugged the second monitor and retried the steps. This time only the game froze. I was able to Alt Tab and close Warframe. I reinstalled the drivers 3 times, two of which I used a tool to wipe all Nvidia drivers on my computer. Reinstalled Warframe and was abke to log in once but after that the same issue continued. Iam reinstalling again, but I know it wont work after the first time. Maybe plugging in the second monitor altered the computer configuration? The event is about to end and my weekend is WASTED.

TRENDING THREADS