Warning: Crysis 3 Will Melt Your PC, Says Crytek

Status
Not open for further replies.
future news: Crysis 4 coming with superfluous background programs simply to make the game unplayable; millions buy the game just to see if their computer can stand up under the stress.

[citation][nom]hannibal[/nom]... Hmmm... Lets see... So you need highend computer to run Crysis 3 in medium setting? That would be more like Crysis 1 was. Well at least it is time to move on![/citation]
I'm not sure what you meant by that, but I have never fully understood the idea that many gamers have about graphic settings. You see a lot of people who feel a game is unplayable if you can't play it at max settings, or at least high settings. Some say a game is poorly coded or poorly optimized if you can't max the settings out.

These are PC's, they are meant to be customizable, that that includes settings. So what if a game can't be maxed if it still looks amazing at medium settings?

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
I loved the original Crysis until I got into the mountain, then I was just disappointed. Never even bothered with the follow-ups. Probably won't bother for this one either.

[citation][nom]EzioAs[/nom]Challenge accepted![/citation]

I'll second this. Crysis 2 really looked great, but it lacked more open environments to show it fully like in Crysis 1.

Anyway... Bring it on, Crytek!

Cheers!

EDIT: Typo

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]ilysaml[/nom]How could it melt PCs while it uses the previous CryEngine 3? This game at most will require SLI configuration like 2 GTX 670s in SLI to enjoy the smooth gameplay @ 60 FPS[/citation]
My point exactly. I'll just add one more Sapphire's HD 7970 (or change to two of these, one purely for PhysX and other for graphics, simple as that), build a CFX (maybe OverClock a liiiiiiittle bit), and everything would pretty much run at maximal maximums in 1920x1200 with 60+ FPS.

rozz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
OMG tomshardware.. lay off the adds a little bit pleeeaasssee..

On the topic of the article - i agree with Yuka - "Bring it on!"

[citation][nom]ilysaml[/nom]How could it melt PCs while it uses the previous CryEngine 3? This game at most will require SLI configuration like 2 GTX 670s in SLI to enjoy the smooth gameplay @ 60 FPS[/citation]
Just because it uses the same engine does not mean the engine isn't capable of a lot more than they gave us. Heck, all they'd have to do is give us Crysis 2 in Crysis 1's setting (open jungle with huge clipping plane) and it would need a ton more power. They could also increase the quality of textures and increase the use of tessellation. There are far more surfaces that did not use their new depth tessellation (not sure what it is called, but the bricks and ground that looked like it had depth) than surfaces that did.

They had a lot more than could have done in Crysis 2 than they did, using the same engine. Even Crysis 1 had a lot more room to grow, proven by the mods that pushed the limits, which still uses the same engine.

Forget about melting PCs... I just wish they reverted to the original open world level design, it made combat more strategic and less arcade-like. Crysis 2 went for a streamlined level design that made combat very dull, thanks to the limited VRAM on the consoles.

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
So, lemme get this straight, in Crysis 3, like Crysis 1, I will have access to a technologically advanced suit that allows me to jump higher, run faster, turn invisible, become almost invulnerable for short periods and Crytech's decided to market the game by basically saying, "Hey look, now you can use a bow and arrow!" Every advertisement for this game shows the charactor holding a bow. Not even some kind of fancy, technologically advanced bow, just a run of the mill bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.