[SOLVED] Warning ! The system did not detect the gaming mouse (genesis57.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A strange problem started, i believe after upgrading Windows to 1809 but i m not sure about it.
When trying to run the Genesis GX57 dedicated software, i am getting the pop-pup notification of the title and the software won't run at all.
The mouse itself is fully operational but missing the software i can no more control dpi and mouse led.
I tried uninstalling/reinstalling several times and also running sfc /scannow which found zero integrity violations.
Also tried different usb ports and disabled all cpu overclocks. Anyone with more ideas? I give a safe mode boot a try as a last resort

Solution
Its possible the drivers are not signed to work with 10.
Look in device manager under Human Interface Devices and see if the mouse is listed here.
If so, right click its name and choose properties
Click on the drivers tab and see what date they are showing as. What does it show?

I assume you have latest drivers from here - http://genesis-zone.com/en/product/gx57-optical-gaming-mouse/

Another thought is Win 10 1809 has loaded a newer version of their mouse software and it doesn't have the right drivers for your mouse. That happened to me with my last mouse, it was 8 years old and their software stopped supporting it completely and with the driver software installed my mouse wouldn't work at all. So I was stuck with its colour scheme...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its possible the drivers are not signed to work with 10.
Look in device manager under Human Interface Devices and see if the mouse is listed here.
If so, right click its name and choose properties
Click on the drivers tab and see what date they are showing as. What does it show?

I assume you have latest drivers from here - http://genesis-zone.com/en/product/gx57-optical-gaming-mouse/

Another thought is Win 10 1809 has loaded a newer version of their mouse software and it doesn't have the right drivers for your mouse. That happened to me with my last mouse, it was 8 years old and their software stopped supporting it completely and with the driver software installed my mouse wouldn't work at all. So I was stuck with its colour scheme. Good thing i liked it. Mouse stopped working a few weeks ago so I now have a Steelseries Rival 600, it stores all its colours on board mouse as well as dpi. Setting myself up for the inevitable day the software doesn't recognise mouse either.

I only say that as I see they have a Genesis58 now.

Solution
Hey Colif, thanks for the insight and your time.
It seems that under HID there is no device listed as a mouse. I can see:
1x Microsoft Hardware USB Keyboard (I have the Microsoft Ergonomic)
1x HID Compliant System Controller
4x USB Input Device
2x HID Compliant Consumer Control Device
2x HID Compliant Vendor Defined Device
(i translated from Greek, may differ)
I cannot tell whether there is my mouse listed here or not.
Under Mouse Tab i can see the generic driver "HID compliant mouse". This driver looks like migrated in 28/11/2018, i believe this was they day i forced the 1809 update. I have contacted Genesis already and addressed the issue. Haven't got a reply yet.
I believe my mouse also stored my last dpi settings and led profile but still without the software i can no more edit.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What i find under Mice folder is mostly Microsoft drivers, its why I directed you to HID. I was looking for my drivers a few weeks ago and found that under mouse its usually just Microsoft. I have a feeling the mouse menu is for older devices that automatically assume there is a folder called Mice, and other pointing devices

this is what I see, it should have name of mouse under HID.

SxE5Axe.jpg

Looks to me like you might be using windows default drivers. See what Genesis have to say, they might need to release new software.

Hi again Colif,

I am afraid the mouse never had dedicated drivers and had been using windows generic all the time, while the download content from the website looks like being a simple software to control dpi and led profiles. It;s a budget mouse, thus it could make sense. I am not sure though, but i believe i never had my mouse listed within the HID section. In Devices and Printers i see "USB Gaming Mouse", i tried disabling it and reconnecting the mouse but i still get the same pop-up message upon opening the Genesis Software. I ll update once i have news from Genesis (if ever). Thanks again

Colif

Win 11 Master
does dpi change on mouse if you click the button on it to swap? nvm, its stored on mouse so it likely loads them itself at boot. I forgot... slaps self.

I would have thought the drivers are the things that control the dpi settings used by windows. I know my mouse software has a setting to override Microsoft drivers at launch, I just haven't needed to.

I suspect USB gaming mouse is your mouse, since under my Mice menu I just have 2 x HID -compliant mouse which both have Microsoft drivers from 2006.

Its a weekend, they might reply next week.

Yes the dpi button works, i believe it holds my last saved setting as i get the feel between the 4 dpi profiles. I scanned Program Files and Program Files x86 and check Genesis folders there. There are no driver files there like .sys/.inf to navigate, thus it should be working using the default windows drivers.
Only difference is that the Software is not going to load whatever i try. Even run CCleaner after uninstalling, but nothing. In the past i used to wipe and nuke for such things :D but i am better buying a new mouse i guess

Colif

Win 11 Master
Guess it depends if you really want to alter the dpi settings or not. As I said, I used one mouse for a long time where I couldn't change them from what was on mouse, but as I was happy with settings, I just put up with it. It was only when mouse itself started staying on after I turned PC off that I decided it was time for a change.

If you had an older PC there not running win 10 you could install drivers on it and change the settings on mouse.

I should have mentioned earlier but it just crossed my mind (oops). I am using bclk overclock on Ivy Bridge, 105 mhz x41 multi. I know they also overclock bus speed, pcie etc and could corrupt regs/OS. I tried with defaults bios settings without change. Could there be a corruption within the usb controller?

Well no news from Genesis apart from the suggestion whether i am using the correct drivers or not (lol), but i found the issue which should be around a motherboard boot conflict.
I had an issue lately where my motherboard would not cold boot every single time and required a restart in order to get me into Windows. Disconnecting all USB devices and powering up fixes the issue. It happened again, so i disconnected every device to fix it. Then it came into my mind, this should be also the problem with the Genesis software. And yes, opened the software and boom. Works like a charm.
I have no idea where the conflict is but i suspect it's the mouse giving some trouble during boot from time to time.

Coming back to finally address the solution, perma-fix. The issue happened again intermittently. Looks like older KEYBOARD drivers were conflicting with the generic mouse drivers that this Genesis is using. Going to Device Manager, Show Hidden Devices, then uninstall all older keyboard drivers fixed the issue.
Cheers

Sep 6, 2019
Coming back to finally address the solution, perma-fix. The issue happened again intermittently. Looks like older KEYBOARD drivers were conflicting with the generic mouse drivers that this Genesis is using. Going to Device Manager, Show Hidden Devices, then uninstall all older keyboard drivers fixed the issue.
Cheers
Dude you're a legend... I literally just registered to thank you for posting the fix. I had a lot of trouble because i bought a gaming mouse from not so well known company (Sharkoon Skiller SGM1) and their software just wouldn't launch no matter what i did. In the task manager it said that it was in fact running but it wasn't visible in the taskbar. Again, much appreciate your kindness

Status
Not open for further replies.