Question Warning: Your system is reporting one or more events, and data may be at risk

Feb 1, 2021
Hi

I recently noticed that a new icon with a yellow warning symbol had appeared amongst the hidden icons on my task bar. When I click on it it opens a window titled "Intel Rapid Storage Technology".

The message then says -

------------------------

Current Status

Your system is reporting one or more events, and data may be at risk. Refer to the details below for more information.

Manage

Click on any element in the storage system view to manage its properties

The Windows write-cache buffer flushing policy can be enabled for all RAID array drives to esnure data integrity or disabled to imporve data performance. Click the Help icon for more information on setting the write-cache buffer flsuhing policy based on your needs.

------------------------

Ive done some Googling but cant find a clear explantion for the issue or how to fix it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you working with a RAID array? If not, you might want to mention the drives you're working with and the motherboard, better to list your specs to your build.

It'd also be a good idea to backup any and/or all critical data off of the failing drive(s) and prepare yourself for replacing the drive in question.

Feb 1, 2021
Hi

Thanks for the quick reply and advice.

How would I find out if I was working with a RAID array?

As far as drives go, I just have a C drive and a DVD drive

Motherboard info

Basebaord Manufactuer - Dell Inc
Baseboard product - OXJ8C4
Baseboard version - A00

I'll back up all my data as advised!

Thanks