Warranty vs Building yourself

Sengial

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
1. Should I pay a professional to assemble my PC and do the 48 hour test for $100 or should I (The Unexperienced) build it myself.
2. Would I be Voiding the warranty if I build it myself

Solution
Computer building (assembling parts) is not for the inexperienced. It does require some skills and some knowledge. The actual build will take 4 to 6 hours but the study process to learn building will take in excess of 100 hours.

Regarding warranty matters the usual rules apply. If the component has manufacturing defects then the manufacturer's warranty applies. However, as the previous poster stated, if there is user error then you are responsible. This is outlined in most warranties.

$100 is not a high price for assembling a computer. Just make sure that the person doing the assembly is competent, does not take any short-cuts, and has a good reputation in this field.
Computer building (assembling parts) is not for the inexperienced. It does require some skills and some knowledge. The actual build will take 4 to 6 hours but the study process to learn building will take in excess of 100 hours.

Regarding warranty matters the usual rules apply. If the component has manufacturing defects then the manufacturer's warranty applies. However, as the previous poster stated, if there is user error then you are responsible. This is outlined in most warranties.

$100 is not a high price for assembling a computer. Just make sure that the person doing the assembly is competent, does not take any short-cuts, and has a good reputation in this field.

Solution

Sengial

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013

He has a VERY good reputation. Thanks

In that case considering all the facts go ahead and have him build it. As I mentioned earlier, $100 is a good price for you,

I suggest that you request him to take digital pics as the build is in progress. This way you will become more familiar with your new computer.

Even better would be if you can observe him building this computer and take the digital pictures yourself.

Also, request him to give you the detailed parts list which includes components model numbers and specs. This is for future reference in case you want to upgrade and/or replace parts. It would be better if you and he jointly selected the components and you ordered the parts. If you order the parts and pay for them yourself it will be easier to deal with warranty issues in the unlikely event that you need that.

Good luck!