Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
hi ,
I bought one XFX RX 580 4gb GPu a few months ago from a sell´s site for second hand products on my country .... the seller sent me the product and on first impressions everything looked nice , I had 1 year warranty yet by the store he bought from and 1 year from xfx ....
few days ago I notice some strange problems on my GPU , as I have posted here already : https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/xfx-rx-580-fan-spinning-loud-at-idle-state.3494789/
I maybe will sent it to RMA , but the problem is I have one serial number in the box and the invoice and another on gpu .... I talked with XFX they said that the gpu itself should have the right one . someone that could have the same issue before what is yours experience about this ?

PS: I sent email to the store but I am portuguese and the store is a german store , I don´t know if it was all well written on email just using google translate to german . btw the email was sent today so I believe they didin´t had time to answer yet either.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
GPU itself will have correct serial.
Reseller has probably just put it in the wrong box if it is definitely the serial number that is different on both.
Just when you contact XFX let them know of the mix up and they should accomodate to it.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
GPU itself will have correct serial.
Reseller has probably just put it in the wrong box if it is definitely the serial number that is different on both.
Just when you contact XFX let them know of the mix up and they should accomodate to it.
well I said that to XFX but still have 1 year of the store , hope that will be no problem if I really have to RMA the card .

TRENDING THREADS