warrany conditions

Hello. Does anyone know the conditions of Dell's warranty/service agreement
concerning adding/replacing components. I know with some companies they say
you void the warranty if you replace components.
If you replace say the graphics card or processor does this void the
warranty?
Thanks.

Dell won't support parts you buy from others, but replacing the graphics
card won't void the warranty on a desktop. It will, on a notebook.

Replacing the processor on any Dell system is not supported.

"HarrySpider" <whatevernext10@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello. Does anyone know the conditions of Dell's warranty/service
agreement
> concerning adding/replacing components. I know with some companies they
say
> you void the warranty if you replace components.
> If you replace say the graphics card or processor does this void the
> warranty?
> Thanks.

The questioner is from the UK, so I don't know tha your answers apply. In
the US, you can change anything you want, but they can require you to put it
back to the factory configuration before they will provide support.

Magnuson-Moss Act.

> The questioner is from the UK, so I don't know tha your answers apply. In
> the US, you can change anything you want, but they can require you to put
> it back to the factory configuration before they will provide support.

Does that mean if you've added cards or drives, for example a firewire card
and DVD writer you need to remove these before they will service it. Or does
that mean that they wont replace the parts you've added but will replace any
or the original parts should they fail. Like the motherboard or monitor?
Does anyone know if the situation is different in the UK?
Thanks

The organic entity known as HarrySpider communicated the following:

>> The questioner is from the UK, so I don't know tha your answers
>> apply. In the US, you can change anything you want, but they can
>> require you to put it back to the factory configuration before they
>> will provide support.
>>

> Does that mean if you've added cards or drives, for example a firewire
> card and DVD writer you need to remove these before they will service
> it. Or does that mean that they wont replace the parts you've added
> but will replace any or the original parts should they fail. Like the
> motherboard or monitor? Does anyone know if the situation is different
> in the UK? Thanks

Same. On the Dell UK site you can find the terms for warranty and it is
stated:

<quote>You are responsible for the removal of non Dell-supplied products
during Service</quote>

Hans

This means that if they have to troubleshoot your system,
they may ask to remove the added parts and reset the original ones to do so.
Indeed, they will have to determine that the added parts are not involved in
the failure.
Once a Dell original part diagnosed as failed, they will service under the
purchased warranty.

Warranty is not void by system opening or parts adding (it is a PC)

Other limitation is : if you break or damage some Dell hardware by adding
parts,
the failure will be out of warranty.
Example : you change yourself the PSU and burns the MB. You'll pay for the
MB replacement.

Hope this clarifies.
Regards.

416528f8$0$22763$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...