Question WARZONE 2 FPS DROPS,STUTTERING AND LOW 1% FPS

Nov 22, 2023
Hello guys, i have tried playing warzone 2 multiple times but whatever the settings low or high the game will stutter and have massive fps drops along with low 1% fps.
I don't know if it's just me i have tried doing the config trick along with other YouTube fixes but no matter what it's not working, i don't think my specs are the issue.. any ideas?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: RTX 2060 6GB
RAM: 16GB 3000MHz

EDIT: Problem was with HDD got it on an SSD and fixed my problem.

Last edited:
Solution
My storage is HDD,PSU is a TURBOX model of a maker in my country not very popular.
- CPU temp is between 50-65 max and GPU 60 to rarely 70.
-100% there is nothing to do with malware since this issue ONLY happens in this game.
-RAM usage it takes 14gb out of 16gb
-HDD usage 100% most of the times... read below:
Let me thank for a reason that i noticed that when ever the game stutter and has fps drops my HDD jumps from 30%-40% to 100% didn't think checking that before.. but just to make sure does that has to do with the stuttering or it's a coincidence?
The HDD usage is way too high and there's some kind of problem since it's doing that and it's simply pushing itself to the limits and yes, indeed this can cause massive stutters...
Nov 22, 2023
what the storage? brand and model of the psu?
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd usage?
malware scan the system?
My storage is HDD,PSU is a TURBOX model of a maker in my country not very popular.
-100% there is nothing to do with malware since this issue ONLY happens in this game.
Let me thank for a reason that i noticed that when ever the game stutter and has fps drops my HDD jumps from 30%-40% to 100% didn't think checking that before.. but just to make sure does that has to do with the stuttering or it's a coincidence?

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
The HDD usage is way too high and there's some kind of problem since it's doing that and it's simply pushing itself to the limits and yes, indeed this can cause massive stutters, even on Windows not just while playing a game.

Unfortunately, in the modern world, it would be ideal to have a fast SSD and install the games there, you won't have these kind of problems anymore.

Solution
Nov 22, 2023
The HDD usage is way too high and there's some kind of problem since it's doing that and it's simply pushing itself to the limits and yes, indeed this can cause massive stutters, even on Windows not just while playing a game.

Unfortunately, in the modern world, it would be ideal to have a fast SSD and install the games there, you won't have these kind of problems anymore.
I have Windows on different drive but i kinda have the same feeling that the stuttering are caused from the HDD... however i have seen so many videos of warzone 2 with HDD but they don't have stuttering, am i missing something?

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
I have Windows on different drive but i kinda have the same feeling that the stuttering are caused from the HDD... however i have seen so many videos of warzone 2 with HDD but they don't have stuttering, am i missing something?
Yes but this is because the HDD is driving itself crazy and running at 100 % usage. If you cannot find any malware, it's probably time to reinstall Windows. If that doesn't help, the HDD has simply gone faulty.

I have seen laptops with HDD's running at 100 % for no good reason and this has caused them to lag extremely badly.