[SOLVED] Warzone crashing to Desktop without error message ?

Nem1x

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Tried to run warzone on my PC and it's crashing without any error, just returns me to Desktop . It usually crashes at lobby screen . I searched online and found only few thing about this kind of error :
  1. Roll back GPU driver (looks like Warzone doesn't like newer drivers)
  2. Increase page file on Windows (didn't fix problem completely , it will crash in game or while you are searching for one)
  3. Disable overlays ( I only had MSI Afterburner on , tried with it disabled , didn't work)
  4. Disable Windows notifications (found on reddit by some guy that had same error, can't confirm this is a fix )
If anyone else has any idea why Warzone may crash let me know .

My specs :
I3-10105f
16GB ram 2666MHz
GTX 750 2GB (maybe the problem is here but other games work fine , probably drivers)

Last edited:
Solution
Update :
I think it's a driver error , considering fortnite crashed as well few times at launch, which is wierd because it never used to do that with my GTX 750 . I did a clean driver install and now thing are working fine. Played few matches of Warzone and everything is working fine .

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Hmm... try to look into Event monitor for critical errors.
It may be memory error, dll error or cpu error... or file corruption too is possible.
But i will not start blaming something specific rn, just point what can help clarify situation

Also Warzone is pretty damn GPU heavy, i am not sure that it will play out for more than 40FPS on GTX750 imo

UPD... Ah yeah, not enough VRAM on your video card...
For 1920x1080 it requires at least 2.6 GB VRAM iirc
And even for 1280*720 it will be more than 2GB

Nem1x

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
I suspect you don’t have enough vram. The 750 has 1gb, the gpu’s recommended as the minimum for Warzone the one with the lowest vram is 2gb.

You can try using the lowest resolution and settings possible but it may be 1gb is just not enough.
Forgot to mention . My GTX 750 has 2GB of Vram.

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Forgot to mention . My GTX 750 has 2GB of Vram.
Ok, then i will put it this way for you...
dYZR3D9.png

This is ABSOLUTE minimum this game can take... ALL settings that possible through game are killed into nothing
Even minimal 800x600 resolution
Still more than 2GB VRAM is required.
So no, until even harder configuration trickery through Nvidia inspector you will not be able to play Warzone on your GPU

Nem1x

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Ok, then i will put it this way for you...
dYZR3D9.png

This is ABSOLUTE minimum this game can take... ALL settings that possible through game are killed into nothing
Even minimal 800x600 resolution
Still more than 2GB VRAM is required.
So no, until even harder configuration trickery through Nvidia inspector you will not be able to play Warzone on your GPU
I somehow managed to play full match without game crashing . I know warzone i heavy on Vram usage but I have seen people play on 1GB of Vram .

Nem1x

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Update :
I think it's a driver error , considering fortnite crashed as well few times at launch, which is wierd because it never used to do that with my GTX 750 . I did a clean driver install and now thing are working fine. Played few matches of Warzone and everything is working fine .

Solution

Old Molases

Prominent
May 3, 2021
Here are some fixes that people are recommending over the internet:
  1. Install the latest game patch
  2. Update the graphics driver
  3. Verify the integrity of your game files
  4. Repair your system files
  5. Close unnecessary background applications
  6. Adjust the graphics settings
  7. Switch to DirectX 11