Question Warzone keeps on freezing for seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2020
Hi
I have Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3 with core i7 4790 along with 4x4GB (16GB) HyperX Genesis RAM and Gigabyte GTX1080 and MWE 650 Gold Cooler Master power supply
I used to play Warzone on Hard disk, game was running fine but was taking a lot of time while loading or would take hours on Scan & Repair
Then I installed the Kingston 960 GB SSD and copied the game from Harddisk to SSD, loading fasten up but now game randomly freezes for couple of seconds, screen totally freeze up but I guess keys are being registered because when game unfreeze it resumes from totally new place according to keys I am pressing while game is frozen up
After freeze i opened task manager
nearly 12 GB of RAM is in use but the SSD usage went to 100% (during the time game was frozen) other than that when game is running fine, SSD usage is around 40%.
its so much irritating becuase sometime game freezes I am shooting the enemy. Can someone help me with this issue ?

Dec 31, 2020
what the model of the kingston 960 ssd?
how full it is? it only have games? os still on the hdd?

its kingston A400 960GB, for the moment it only have Modern Warfare and Coldware .. OS is also on a SSD which is a separate one, that is of 120GB, usage of that SSD stays nearly 0 during the gameplay

Jan 1, 2021
its kingston A400 960GB, for the moment it only have Modern Warfare and Coldware .. OS is also on a SSD which is a separate one, that is of 120GB, usage of that SSD stays nearly 0 during the gameplay
I think i might have the same exact issue as you, i have been trying to fix it since the last 3 days. I have tried every single possible fix that i found online and nothing worked. Do you get the packet loss logo when the lag occurs on the left side pf your screen? ( Its the 3 orange rectangles). And is your CPU Usage is capped at 100% when you look up the task manager when the game is running?

Dec 31, 2020
I think i might have the same exact issue as you, i have been trying to fix it since the last 3 days. I have tried every single possible fix that i found online and nothing worked. Do you get the packet loss logo when the lag occurs on the left side pf your screen? ( Its the 3 orange rectangles). And is your CPU Usage is capped at 100% when you look up the task manager when the game is running?

didnt noted the packet loss logo, actually game totally freezes up, CPU usage is normal, disk usage (SSD on which game is) spikes to 100% during the time game is frozen,

Ben Ellis (AreX)

Prominent
Jun 15, 2020
I had a similar issues with warzone freezing for a few seconds at a time, you can actually edit a game file setting that is known to fix this, go to C\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players and inside here you will find the file adv_options in there you can edit the amount of VRAM Allocated to the game the common fix is to lower the value to 0.55 or 0.7 in my case. Renderer worker count is supposedly the amount of Logical cores or threads you use. Make sure to save the file and go to properties and make it read only as this will stop any changes that would normally occur with updates. Good to note is that warzone is very poorly optimised you will never get the FPS you think you should get.

Feb 11, 2021
I had a similar issues with warzone freezing for a few seconds at a time, you can actually edit a game file setting that is known to fix this, go to C\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players and inside here you will find the file adv_options in there you can edit the amount of VRAM Allocated to the game the common fix is to lower the value to 0.55 or 0.7 in my case. Renderer worker count is supposedly the amount of Logical cores or threads you use. Make sure to save the file and go to properties and make it read only as this will stop any changes that would normally occur with updates. Good to note is that warzone is very poorly optimised you will never get the FPS you think you should get.

this worked perfectly for me but do you know how to do the same for league of legends cause i have the same problem there well pretty much everygame is there any setting i can change so it changes for all games all around?

Status
Not open for further replies.