ItsSynX

Prominent
Apr 14, 2020
Hi! I've countered this issue about my Warzone Preformance in the new recent update Season 4 just Yesterday.
Here's my Rig Specs before knowing the Story.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: RTX 2070 Super 8GB
RAM: Trident Z Neo 4x8 GB (32 GB) 3200Mhz
PSU: 600 Watt Gold
Mothoboard: ASRock B450M

(Just about a Month ago I played Warzone on Season 3 where I was able to receive FPS In-Game around 120-150+ FPS Constant Smooth Performance on 1440p with everything on High and Shadows on Low. I stopped playing around that time (moving) and decided to buy a new case for my Rig the Lian Li Lancool 2 on June 21st.)
Untill then when I was done Packing I've decided to Launch my PC and update everything from Discord to Warzone just yesterday.
On Launch of the Game my settings were resetted or adjusted by the Game but not my Controls. (Which were terrible, setting my Graphics Settings at a much higher Resolution (3560xsomething) on my 2560x1440p 2K Monitor.)
Their Settings on my First game without realizing the change gave me constant 5-12 FPS and I soon changed them to my Current Resolution and Display on 144Hz.
With RayTracing On or Off and DLSS on either Disabled, Balanced or Quality (Giving an Adjusted Setting for 2K Gaming Monitors)
They have giving me around 30-50 FPS or 50-60 FPS.
Even having to change the Screen to Windowed Mode then Back to Fullscreen (As having Alt Tab possibly making this Issue but apparently not)

While in a Match I've changed the Texture Quality (Which uses a lot of VRAM on my Card) from High to Low and still at a constant 50-70 FPS.
Which was weird thinking what happened to the other 50 or 60+ FPS that I'm missing from my Game.
I was able to get a constant 60 FPS on my Warzone Lobby Screen as soon as I find a match and the List of Players shows up It drops around 53 or lower.
I had 100+ on the Flashback Scene.
I used to get 120-150+ FPS by dropping out of the Plane and being able to view in smooth Textures and FPS.

I've updated my GeForce Nvidia Drivers and Windows (Did not go the the new Windows 10 20H2 Feature for Security Update)
I've Restarted the PC 2 times having to know that my Freind is running completely fine with High Settings like me with an RX 580 getting around 80-90 FPS.
While having my Card supposedly to be a 120+% Performance Card than the RX 580.
I'm unsure what's causing this much FPS Drop on Warzone.

Could be the new Season 4 update (but doesn't tell me how my Friend with an RX580 get better FPS than my RTX Card, or it could be the Graphics Card drivers (Yesterday I Always Select "Preform a Clean Installation), or possibly I mistakenly misplaced something when I was Re-building my PC (Built my PC atleast twice knowing as mature amateur on building PCs)
But I honestly have no idea what's dropping them.
PC or GPU Temps with Warzone are hitting around 60-65 C*
Sorry for having to make a long Thread on this current Issue.
Just want to make sure all the details are out.
Please let me know if you have a Fix/Solution to this.
I tried looking over the Internet but some are a week ago and some aren't prioritizing the Fixes.
So I decided to post a thread of mine.
Thanks.

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
Sounds odd for sure. Shouldn't be throttling at those temps but it might be a good idea to confirm that the cpu & gpu are reaching proper frequencies.

Curious if you have the same issue in Multiplayer or Zombies?

Anyway just for reference with a very similar setup to yours. 3700x 2070, super blowers style, lian li mesh II performance fans on low.

My Mhz in the first minute or so of zombies season 4 high + settings, no ray tracing, no dlss

CPU all core average: 4266-4291MHz

GPU: 1905-1935 MHz

as shown in HWMonitor

Might want to hit the gear icon to the right of PLAY & run a scan & repair to see if that helps things. OR go to settings: Graphics: Restart Shaders Compilation (last option on bottom).

Last edited:

ItsSynX

Prominent
Apr 14, 2020
Sounds odd for sure. Shouldn't be throttling at those temps but it might be a good idea to confirm that the cpu & gpu are reaching proper frequencies.

Curious if you have the same issue in Multiplayer or Zombies?

Anyway just for reference with a very similar setup to yours. 3700x 2070, super blowers style, lian li mesh II performance fans on low.

My Mhz in the first minute or so of zombies season 4 high + settings, no ray tracing, no dlss

CPU all core average: 4266-4291MHz

GPU: 1905-1935 MHz

as shown in HWMonitor

Might want to hit the gear icon to the right of PLAY & run a scan & repair to see if that helps things. OR go to settings: Graphics: Restart Shaders Compilation (last option on bottom).
Yeah I can Provide the Temps and all on how it Runs once I'm back home.
I've tried Scan and Repair and it didn't detect anything wrong.
I've also tried to Restart the Shaders and re-downloaded it like twice and still had the same Issue.
Imma Run WZ once I get home in 30 mins or so and will give an Update on the Situation.