[SOLVED] Warzone low fps

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
Hi,

Warzone just wasted my recently built PC. This feels like I have thrown all the money to a trashcan.

All my GFX settings are very low and tied to have "the most performance".

CPU temp is like 40 C at desktop, and max. 60 C while gaming.
GPU never reaches above 78 C.

What is wrong? I have tried every possible "solution".

FPS is 80-100 in few areas and average around 70 and at the worst cases 60.

The game should eat on CPU and I have super low graphics, but yet.. how it can be this crap...?

Specs.
Windows 10 (64-bit)
- High/Ultimate Performance Po

i9 10850K @ 4.8 GHz
16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz (Dual channel)
GTX 1060 6 GB
MSI Z490-A PRO (BIOS default / XMP Profile on)

Solution
Overclocking your components won't help since it's a problem within the game.
Other people with GTX 1060 are getting 70 to 80 fps on high 1080p
so it's not a problem with your GPU it's a game problem.
What version of windows are you using btw Activision recommends ver 1809 or newer
Apparently there is a guy with a similar problem he said that he reinstalled the window and it ran perfectly onwards.
if you have game mode enabled in windows then turn it off

Modern Warfare can default to an incorrect value for how many cores your system has, which leads to FPS drops and stutters. Here’s how to fix the issue:

1. Open ‘Task Manager’ and select the ‘Performance’ tab
  2. Click on ‘CPU’ and on the right you’ll see how many cores your PC...

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
It is obviously, but is Warzone this hard for GPU that has enough VRAM? At lowest settings possible.. and I've read many posts around that people with RTX have issues. I really don't feel like upgrading the GPU "for nothing" as they're very expensive.

try clearing the cache that might help but you should be getting around 60 to 80fps on high settings if you are playing on 1080p
Also games don't eat CPU unless they are being played on an emulator they are always GPU demanding games.

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
try clearing the cache that might help but you should be getting around 60 to 80fps on high settings if you are playing on 1080p
Also games don't eat CPU unless they are being played on an emulator they are always GPU demanding games.
As I said, I have 1080p with lowest graphic settings possible, so it shouldn't be that heavy for the GPU. So, I assume I should have at least 100 FPS with this new CPU. I will try cleaning the cache but this is a fresh OS install and the PC is 100% new so it's weird..

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What happens if you hit escape ingame to pause then same again to unpause? Apparently recent update causes fps drops and hitting escape helps. If it's the same situation for you, you know it's the game and hopefully a fix in on it's way soon.

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
What happens if you hit escape ingame to pause then same again to unpause? Apparently recent update causes fps drops and hitting escape helps. If it's the same situation for you, you know it's the game and hopefully a fix in on it's way soon.
In some cases it helps a bit.
The game has really poor optimization I know this but I didn't expect it to be this bad that I upgrade to a i9 10850K and there is literally no change on frames... also, my older RAM was DDR3 and 1600 MHz so I am very sceptic what is this.
I will try older NVIDIA drivers soon and look if I have some bad Windows updates that are causing lame performance.

Edit: I will also overclock the GPU as much as possible, if nothing then it's just a <Mod Edit> game and I will need to find something else to play...

Last edited by a moderator:

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Overclocking your components won't help since it's a problem within the game.
Other people with GTX 1060 are getting 70 to 80 fps on high 1080p
so it's not a problem with your GPU it's a game problem.
What version of windows are you using btw Activision recommends ver 1809 or newer
Apparently there is a guy with a similar problem he said that he reinstalled the window and it ran perfectly onwards.
if you have game mode enabled in windows then turn it off

Modern Warfare can default to an incorrect value for how many cores your system has, which leads to FPS drops and stutters. Here’s how to fix the issue:

1. Open ‘Task Manager’ and select the ‘Performance’ tab
  2. Click on ‘CPU’ and on the right you’ll see how many cores your PC has (e.g 6)
  3. Open ‘Modern Warfare’ in ‘Documents’
  4. Select the ‘players’ folder
  5. Click on ‘adv_options’
  6. Set the ‘RenderWorkerCount’ to equal your number of cores
  7. Save and Exit and you should see a marked improvement in Warzone

Solution

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
My Windows installation is day old, so it would be stupid to reinstall and I know it won't fix the issue.
The config file had "RenderWorkerCount = 9" and I changed it to 10, and back. No positive results what so ever. I have 10 cores. I will check the Windows version but I think it's newer than 1809.

Edit: I had i7 4770K and the new i9 10850K basically has same FPS...?

GPU. My 1080Ti struggles with Warzone; maybe 70ish FPS at 1440, so a 1060 being limited to 100ish FPS at lower settings sounds reasonable.

No matter how fast the CPU, no matter how low you lower graphics, you are still limited by how fast the GPU can render frames. The 1060 is a good GPU, but really wasn't designed to obtain FPS over 100 in most modern titles.

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
If running high settings then maybe but he is running lowest settings.

I have seen many threads on here in the last couple of weeks with people having performance issues in Warzone. I wonder if an update is impacting certain hardware. If other games are running ok I would highly expect this is a problem with the game itself.
This is exactly what I meant. All settings ripped to lowest and 50% VRAM is only being used. If the GPU is the issue I think OC'ing it to max. will do something...

Edit: I will try if it's Windows related issue or NVIDIA drivers issue (rolling back some older stuff)

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
After some testing and OC'ing I managed to push the GPU core +100 MHz and mem +200 MHz and it helped a bit.

But there is some issues, like when you drop an ammo box, it will instantly drop your fps like 10-30 (drops around to 60) when the animation ends it returns normal. The same thing happens with breakable windows, which is odd to be honest. There is some things in the game that will drop the fps for a few seconda significantly. Does someone know why or how to fix it?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Not really it's a waiting game on devs to fix it seems. Knowing Warzone has issues (your poor system is copping the blame) best get on community forums associated with the game and see if there's any tips and tricks (if found any) to improve performance.

Last edited:

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
Not really it's a waiting game on devs to fix it seems. Knowing Warzone has issues (your poor system is coping the blame) best get on community forums associated with the game and see if there's any tips and tricks (if found any) to improve performance.
I don't think they will fix performance issues any time soon. Every update just makes it worse. I remember playing the first season with PS4 and it was very smooth and enjoyable with no lag. Now it's only lag, low fps and bad gameplay with that system. Something has gone badly wrong.

Aug 3, 2021
Unfortunately, call of duty warzone (season 4) cannot be played comfortably with GTX 1060 6GB.
Average 90 fps (drops to 60) at very low settings.

tried on:
i5-6600K; GTX 1060 6GB; 16GB DDR4 3000MHz; 250GB SSD; 27" 1080p 144Hz
Nvidia Driver 466.77