Question Warzone restarting pc

Trickle2x2

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
Hey guys. Recently after the season 5 update warzone has been restarting my pc. It happens normally about 10 mins into a game. The pc will completely power down and then start back up again. This used to happen a while back but after what seemed to be an update fixed it, but now it’s back. I don’t think it’s my temps cause it to shut down, last time this was an issue I ran msi after burner in the background to monitor cpu and gpu temps and then never climbed about about 70c. “I’m using a wraith prism to cool the cpu” I tried to use msi after burner again but for whatever reason it will not display in the corner and show temps like it used to. I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue with the game or if maybe it’s my hardware. I have a r5 3600 and a rtx 3060ti, just built the rig at the beginning of the year.

Trickle2x2

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
Hey there,

This is most likely a PSU issue. What PSU do you have? Typically it will be random restarts, but often at load (gaming).
650watt gold seasonic fully modular. It’s brand new when I built the system 8 months ago. Weird thing is that this also happened with the new black ops when it first came out. Unstable and would often crash, until I changed to run the game in dx11 mode. I’ve stressed tested the system on cinebench and also heaven. Can’t seem to get it to crash like that. Only at random times in warzone right now.

Trickle2x2

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
The Seasonic is pretty darn good.

Have you any overclcoks on CPU/GPU?
Slight undervolt on the cpu with very small over clock, graphics card I have undervolted and overclocked also, but I played without the oc profile on the graphics card and still have the same issue. I’ve seen possibly ram speed could cause some issue so I’m going to try to clock my ram down to 3600 when I get home and see if that could be it, or may even update the bios on my b550 board if the ram speed doesn’t fix it.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
I concur about setting things at stock. I was getting similar issues with a Ryzen 5 3600 and an RX 6600xt where my PC would freeze up in games and would randomly reboot, even after I switched over to a Corsair RM850x power supply. I ended rolling my gpu drivers back to the previous version, but also, on my card, there was a vbios switch, it appears they were overclocking the cards from the factory. So I switched it what they call silent mode, which I assume to be more normal operation. Anyway, after all those things, I was able to play 1.5 hours of BF1 with no issues last night, so I'm hoping my issue is resolved. So I'm in complete agreement, take off all overclocking and if the PC is stable.

Trickle2x2

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
So I left the cpu overclock on, and kept the gpu over clock off “which it has been” it’s a ftw3 card tho so it still overclocked from factory. But I changed my ram speed to 3600 in the bios. I tried to manually adjust my timings but for whatever reason I couldn’t adjust tRP to over 19 manually, but xmp allowed it to go up to 21. So I used xmp and scaled back the frequency to 3600. But one odd thing I noticed is before I messed with anything in the bios, I had taken note to what xmp had my timings set for before going back to stock, and it was 17-21-21-41-68, when I re enabled xmp the timings changed to 17-21-21-21-41. No idea how that happened but I left it and was able to play last night with no crashing. Didn’t play for a long time so not sure if this is the fix yet, but before I could hardly even play the game for 5 mins.

So I left the cpu overclock on, and kept the gpu over clock off “which it has been” it’s a ftw3 card tho so it still overclocked from factory. But I changed my ram speed to 3600 in the bios. I tried to manually adjust my timings but for whatever reason I couldn’t adjust tRP to over 19 manually, but xmp allowed it to go up to 21. So I used xmp and scaled back the frequency to 3600. But one odd thing I noticed is before I messed with anything in the bios, I had taken note to what xmp had my timings set for before going back to stock, and it was 17-21-21-41-68, when I re enabled xmp the timings changed to 17-21-21-21-41. No idea how that happened but I left it and was able to play last night with no crashing. Didn’t play for a long time so not sure if this is the fix yet, but before I could hardly even play the game for 5 mins.

It could be the ram I guess. Hopefully that will sort it for you. If not, I'd suggest updating your bios. If you are having issues with ram, a bios update (to the latest one) will ensure compatibility.

Trickle2x2

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
It could be the ram I guess. Hopefully that will sort it for you. If not, I'd suggest updating your bios. If you are having issues with ram, a bios update (to the latest one) will ensure compatibility.
Still has not crashed, although I haven’t had time to play for a long session yet. Seems much better tho than what is was “crashing every 5 mins”. If this issues happens again a bios update will be my next step. But if anyone is having this issue this season and your ram speeds are above 3600 on a amd setup, I would try and dial it back down.

Trickle2x2

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
Alright I guess it wasn’t just cod.. apex is now doing the same issue. Windows event viewer is showing a error of fatal cpu core. So I’m leaning towards I might have a hardware issue now. Currently I am whipping windows and will be updating my bios and all other drivers and seeing if that helps. If not I guess I might try and replace the cpu? Not really sure where to go from here now. Kinda upset it ended up not being cod and it is actually my pc.
Also I removed any overclocks on the computer to take that out of the equation.

Trickle2x2

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
Run memtest 86 on ram to check it out. You may run Intel burn test on the cpu to see if it seems stable at stock.
I just cleaned and did a fresh install of windows off a usb drive. Downloading all the new drivers, and also updated my bios. Next chance I get I’m going to test it as it is. If it crashes I’ll try switching ram first then before cpu! Thanks!