Reputable
Aug 3, 2019
Hello,

My pc specs :
CPU : Core i9 9900K
Motherboard : MAXIMUS Xi HERO
GPU : RTX 3080
RAM : 32GB

I have a question , my average fps in warzone with this specs is 140-50fps and in the best case it goes to 200.
And as I saw in Youtube tests , my avg fps should be around 180 fps
All of my usage and temps are normal.
Why my avg fps is lower than them?

NOTE:My cpu is oc @ 5Ghz

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, CPU core overclock is one thing. What about memory speed? GPU overclocking/cooler quality? Background tasks and software? You also don't know if they tweaked CPU cache speed or that your overclock is actually resulting in slightly worse performance.

Perfect match for resolution and settings? Online vs Offline play? Same map and conditions?

150 FPS is quite respectable regardless.

Mair0n

Reputable
Aug 3, 2019
Well, CPU core overclock is one thing. What about memory speed? GPU overclocking/cooler quality? Background tasks and software? You also don't know if they tweaked CPU cache speed or that your overclock is actually resulting in slightly worse performance.

Perfect match for resolution and settings? Online vs Offline play? Same map and conditions?

150 FPS is quite respectable regardless.
32gb 4000mhz
no gpu oc
cpu cooler : corsair 360 h150i pro
no bg task and softwares
and cpu oc helped a lil bit for performance
Low settings and 1080p ( my settings is just like other competitive players)
online and tested in muliple places

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
4000Mhz? Did you manage a 2000Mhz infinity fabric clock?

If not, then it likely isn't in a 2:1 ratio and that could really be slowing you down. It is why most people go with 3600 low latency kits, then they can run a 1800Mhz fabric. If you managed it, good job.

Otherwise I would certainly try 3600 for the memory and make sure that ratio is 2:1.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I'm a little confused!
is it bad to have a memory with 4000mhz?

That is a very high overclock for DDR4. 11th gen officially supports 3200, 10th 2933, and 9th 2666.

Intel chips are pretty good at this though, so 4400 kits are things that exist, but speeds beyond 3600 may require fine tuning. It is possible your memory is not working correctly at 4000.

Memtestx86 is a good tool to check with. Also you could just try 3600 and see if your FPS improves.

Reactions: Mair0n

Mair0n

Reputable
Aug 3, 2019
That is a very high overclock for DDR4. 11th gen officially supports 3200, 10th 2933, and 9th 2666.

Intel chips are pretty good at this though, so 4400 kits are things that exist, but speeds beyond 3600 may require fine tuning. It is possible your memory is not working correctly at 4000.

Memtestx86 is a good tool to check with. Also you could just try 3600 and see if your FPS improves.
Right.
So my question is can I put it on 3600?
or I have to buy new RAMs?
Im not familiar with RAM OC tho.

EDIT : I have another question :
Is the UserBenchMark result reliable?
I can put latest result.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, I would not be surprised if you don't have additional XMP profiles to select from. However, if you are not familiar with memory overclocking, is that something you have set? Otherwise the memory would default to 2133 or something like that.

Userbenchmark would capture the memory being at default speeds.

UserBenchmark is pretty terrible actually. The basic facts are useful in troubleshooting, but the comparisons are not great. It is based on user feedback, and you really don't know the configurations you are being compared to.

Reactions: Mair0n

Mair0n

Reputable
Aug 3, 2019
Yes, I would not be surprised if you don't have additional XMP profiles to select from. However, if you are not familiar with memory overclocking, is that something you have set? Otherwise the memory would default to 2133 or something like that.

Userbenchmark would capture the memory being at default speeds.

UserBenchmark is pretty terrible actually. The basic facts are useful in troubleshooting, but the comparisons are not great. It is based on user feedback, and you really don't know the configurations you are being compared to.
My xmp is on 4000mhz.
I have a 3600 profile I think but if I put it on 3600 , my cpu oc won't change?