Question Warzone stuck at below 60 fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2023
I can’t run warzone 2 for some reason the fps stuck at below 60

Problem with Warzone when running with D.O.C.P. In bios enabled it runs like this . The fps stuck at below 40 but when I turn it off it goes to normal . I have a zotac 3090 gpu , Cpu: ryzen 7 5800x3d , motherboard : rog crosshair VIII DARK HERO and 3600hrz ram 32gb

it used to run perfectly fine now it’s stuck at low fps it flips from 60 all the way to 2 fps I’m not sure why it used to run perfectly fine before

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard?

As for your system, try using DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU drivers off of Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

zx128k

Reputable
This game is know for its fps issues.

So after endless hours of testing and a lot of youtube and self testing I found the issue.
RTX 3090 max fps in combat 39-60.
After fix 120FPS ++
Believe me or not but i Upgraded to W11...
I rolled my Nvidia drivers back to 522.25. Clean install and uninstall with (Display driver uninstall)
After fresh 522.25 driver install ->
Into NVIDIA Control Panel -> Adjust image settings with preview -> Use the advanced 3D Image Settings-> Take me there -> Program Settings and choose / add Call of Duty MW2
Monitor Technology -> Fixed Refresh
Preferred refresh rate (your display) Application controlled
Texture fltering Quality High Performance

Then:
Windows Graphic settings -> Find an app - Call of Duty -> Change to High Performance.
Windows Graphic settings -> Change default graphic settings ->
Hardware accelerated on
Variable refresh rate on
Optimisations for windowed games on

All inn all works really good for me. Let me know if it works for you. View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CODWarzone/comments/yxpgsh/warzone_2_rtx_3090_low_fps_and_stutters/
I would disable windows defender as well. Information on the rest of the system would be useful. PSU wattage and model.

zx128k

Reputable
nVidia RTX 3090 running on a 550 watt bronze PSU? Wow. That would very likely be your fps issue. For those that wonder, https://www.zotac.com/download/file...ery/graphics_cards/zt-a30900d-10p-image07.jpg
  • Recommended Power Supply
    750W
  • Power Input
    2 x 8-pin
There could be a power issue to your gpu. Your PSU appears to support 2x8-pins and you get two power adapters with the GPU.

The GPU at stock will take:
  • Power Consumption
    350W
That leaves 200 watts for the rest on the system. The CPU is 105W stock. Poor PSU.

Clearly getting a low power draw 3090 was the plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: drivinfast247
Feb 17, 2023
Yeah perhaps your right since it happens when I enable DOCP in bios and than the fps acts like that , I didn’t think the PSU would be a problem , I’ll try to get a new PSU maybe that fixes the problem, but then other games don’t do that only in war zone .

Last edited:

zx128k

Reputable
Feb 17, 2023
Not sure what spike to north means not tech savvy but according to pc part picker I’m suppose to have stimated 575 watts after imputing all my hardware and that’s without any oc

zx128k

Reputable
Not sure what spike to north means not tech savvy but according to pc part picker I’m suppose to have 575 watts after imputing all my hardware

Means higher power draw than a 550 watt PSU can provide total for short periods. Then the card limits power draw to stock power draw. The end result is lower FPS or crashes. Basically the voltage must drop and so a low frequency must be given to the core to remain stable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fierycolds

zx128k

Reputable
Please post full system specs. Look at the PCIe link speed and RAM speed. Is xmp enabled? CPU-z and GPU-z will help you. Did you replace all the old gpu cables with the new ones with the new PSU? Does your motherboard have all its power connectors filled?

Feb 17, 2023
Yes every time I enable DOCP or xmp , that’s when it spikes but when I turn it off it’s fine …
I replaced everything and all power connectors are fine
Cpu : ryzen 7 5800x3d
Board : Asus rog crosshair VIII dark hero , 16.0 GT:s
Ram : 36000mhz 32 gb
Gpu : zotac trinity oc rtx 3090
SSD 1Tb
Psu : rm1000x
Windows 11
Monitor is good nothing wrong with it it’s 144hz it’s enabled ..

zx128k

Reputable
Do you have two or four sticks of memory? What is the model number of your memory or name of it? Thaiphoon Burner is a program that can help you with that.

Also a memory test would be a good idea to see what is happening with the RAM. TestMem5 is a good program for that(cfg here). Ryzen dram calculator is easier to use. Run ryzen dram calculator with DOCP/xmp enabled and see if you get errors in the memory test. There is a tab called MEMbench were you can test the RAM.

This is a useful link for memory information.

Feb 17, 2023
Yeah no I’ve been searching for answers all over the internet and haven’t found a single one … I found this video that is kind of the same problem as mine , the GPU and CPU time in miliseconds spikes from 20-30 ms both cpu and gpu and the fps also spikes drops from 5-70 it just goes over but here’s the video not best video but only one found with similar issue on YouTube and yes I tried checking of the common issues like frame limit and graphics settings in nvidia control panel and most common stuff that would make my fps cap at 60 , I doubt it’s that .
Also I doubt it’s the ram , because the game functioned fine before the update they did . This is the video closest related to my issue

try to skip video all the way to minute 14 that’s basically it
View: https://youtu.be/yqu_ft8u11c

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 17, 2023
Also I checked the YouTube comments and he said he fixed it because his gpu PCIe wasn’t running at x16 , not sure what that means but it’s an input also he doesn’t elaborate how he fixed it. That’s all he said .

Status
Not open for further replies.