Question Was DDUing my drivers when my MoBo doesnt recognize my ethernet cable anymore.

bertomanu575

Commendable
Jan 3, 2018
I'm having issues with my GPU so I decided to DDU it in safe mode, after the reboot the ethernet cable icon has a red X meaning it's not connected and Windows doesn't detect any Network Adapter. I downloaded the drivers from my MoBo Producer's websitr but the installer says I don't have any network card. help???

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might also want to see if you've got any BIOS updates pending for your motherboard.

bertomanu575

Commendable
Jan 3, 2018
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might also want to see if you've got any BIOS updates pending for your motherboard.
Whoopsie forgot that.
Ryzen 7 2700x
MSI B450 Tomahawk
2x4gb Hyperx Predator DDR4 3000mhz
Nvidia GTX 960 4GB
Corsair CX750
1x Samsung 250gb 970 Evo
1x 1tb HDD (don't really know the name)

Try following: Boot some LiveCD Linux, and see whether your network adapter works. If there are LEDs indicating connection on the motherboard, check them as well, and check similar LEDs from the router / switch where this cable goes. Even without drivers, these LEDs should indicate a connection.