Was my CPU fried?

rx

Sep 20, 2018
So recently I was putting a PC together and once I had everything in correctly I started it up and turned on my monitor. The monitor said it wasn't getting a signal so I called my Instructor over and it took about 10 minutes to figure out the problem. The stock CPU cooler and heatsink that comes with the AMD 8370 wasn't fully on the CPU when I put it in, the metal latches were all on the hooks and such but the lever to tighten it was left untouched. He told me that I could have possibly fried it. The problem is, is I only had the computer running for 5 minutes at most before I turned it off to see the problem. Do you think this was the issue or could it be something else? As soon as it was replaced it started up without any hassle at all. I feel discouraged because I thought I had done everything right. Any insight onto what could have happened?

Solution
You really shouldn’t worry about it, once a modern CPU reaches a certain temperature it will shut itself down to prevent damage. You might’ve damaged the lifespan a little but nothing to worry about if you only tried to power in on once or twice

winks42

Respectable
You really shouldn’t worry about it, once a modern CPU reaches a certain temperature it will shut itself down to prevent damage. You might’ve damaged the lifespan a little but nothing to worry about if you only tried to power in on once or twice

Solution