Was planning to update bios but found out my os on the prebuilt pc i bought was pirated, can i still update the bios?

Mar 3, 2018
I found out that the prebuilt computer i bought a while back had a pirated os in it (thats what my research says because whenever i start up my pc it always asks me to choose between windows 7 and windows 7 loader, i thought that was normal till i looked it up earlier when i saw someone mentioning a loader was a hacked veraion of an os or something along those lines) i bought a processor and gpu for an upgrade (before i even knew that my os wasnt even legit) and found out i needed to upgrade my bios version for my processor and i cant really afford to buy an os right now because im broke from buying the gpu and processor, so my question is will i be able to update the bios safely or will it have conflict with the cracked/hacked os? Or should i just save up a bit more and buy a proper os?, i dont really want to spend more for buying an os as i feel like i paid for it when i was buying the prebuilt system (which tragically end up to be pirated anyways), and please dont blame me for being such an idiot not even knowing i had an illegal os, im not that great about these things.

TRENDING THREADS