[SOLVED] Was running full diagnostic scan on intel 660p ssd on intel ssd toolbox, power shuts off during scan. Is the ssd damaged.

Solution
send it to me for testing. jk
it should be fine. unlike a HDD that has moving parts that can crash into each other and eat the data stored there, SSD's are solid state.
loss of power during a write operation only damages the data being written. I doubt diagnostics were running the write test and if they were it would be junk data merely for diagnostics use.
only you can answer if it is damaged, you have the drive and you can test it.

magic 8-ball says "give it a shot"

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

Are you saying that the computer will not boot?

Power shut off: home electricity went off, power switch turned off, or the system simply died....?

Any beep codes or LEDs?

Full system specs and OS?

What was the reason for the full diagnostic scan?

acidmooer

Commendable
Sep 8, 2019
More information needed.

Are you saying that the computer will not boot?

Power shut off: home electricity went off, power switch turned off, or the system simply died....?

Any beep codes or LEDs?

Full system specs and OS?

What was the reason for the full diagnostic scan?
The computer booted and seems fine.
It shut off because my dad was changing lightbulbs and he switched my rooms power off accidently.
Ryzen 5 2600 and 2070
Diagnostic scan for no reason, just a check.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
it should be fine. unlike a HDD that has moving parts that can crash into each other and eat the data stored there, SSD's are solid state.
loss of power during a write operation only damages the data being written. I doubt diagnostics were running the write test and if they were it would be junk data merely for diagnostics use.

Solution

acidmooer

Commendable
Sep 8, 2019

after i booted it back up, i ran the test again with no interruptions and everything was fine, so i guess thats that

TRENDING THREADS