[SOLVED] Was this a miracle?

Mockingjason

Commendable
May 22, 2019
So I was changing some components on my PC. I was stupid enough to work on the motherboard that was touching the case plate, not the little screws it has for the motherboard to stand on. I heard a zap and my GPU stopped working. It smelled like something was fried. At this point I was shocked. After some hours, my GPU out of nowhere started working again. Was this a miracle? A fried GPU getting resurrected? Has this happened to any one of you?

Solution
Actually, you probably triggered the protections in the PSU, and given enough time or the resetting of the unit, it's likely that the protections were reset in the PSU and power was restored on that circuit. Whether there is any actual, permanent damage to the card itself is something that only time and use are likely to determine.
Actually, you probably triggered the protections in the PSU, and given enough time or the resetting of the unit, it's likely that the protections were reset in the PSU and power was restored on that circuit. Whether there is any actual, permanent damage to the card itself is something that only time and use are likely to determine.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution

Mockingjason

Commendable
May 22, 2019
You might be correct. When I plugged in another GPU it worked and when I switched back to my 1660ti it started working.

Mockingjason

Commendable
May 22, 2019
it smelled like it fried