Was this worth $1743 from CyberPower?

StraikoID

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015
I feel like it is although I've never spent this much on anything. Its pretty much 1/4 of my annual part-time salary. Oiii..

BLKFRISALE1: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+5]
BLKFRISALE2: CyberpowerPC 7.1 Virtual Surround Gaming Headset [+5]
BLUETOOTH: None
CABLE: None
CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
CARE2: Cooler Master Mastergel Maker CPU-Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]
CAS: Syber XL Series E-ATX Full-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, 7 Color RGB & Full Side Tempered Window Panel [-6]
CASUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/ Remote Controller
CC: None
CD: None
CD2: None
COOLANT: None
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz [4.35GHz Turbo] Eight-Core 20MB Cache 105W Processor
CS_FAN: 3X 120mm Thermaltake Riing 12 Series High Static Pressure 120mm Case/Radiator Fan [+39] (Blue Color LED)
ENGRAVING: None
EVGA_POWER: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: AMD Ryzen Premium Wraith CPU Cooler for Socket AM4 with RGB programmable LED [-23]
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_MN: None
FREEBIE_WAP: None
HDD: 240GB WD Green Series M.2 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 540/460 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 37/68k [+10] (Single Drive)
HDD2: None
HEADSET: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: None [-5]
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory [+120] (Corsair Vengeance [+60])
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE AX470 AORUS Gaming 5 (WIFI) ATX w/802.11ac, RGB, USB 3.1, Intel LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [+90]
MOUSE: None [-3]
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Thermaltake SMART series 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply [+5]
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring + [Black/Red] Phanteks Premium Extension Cables sleeved set [24Pin MB + 8Pin CPU + 6+2 Pin VGA] [+39]
RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 12 to 15 Business Days
SECURITY: None
SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
SLI_BRIDGE: None
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: GeForce® GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X (Pascal)[VR Ready] [+344] (Single Card)
WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY

Solution

"well over" ?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor ($324.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($209.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video...
Yeah I mean you paid a little extra for being already prebuilt. You could build one just like it for a couple hundred less.

The power supply is on the crappy side of all aftermarket power supplies. If you already bought it I'd invest in a Tier 1/Tier 2 power supply asap. Corsair, EVGA, & SeaSonic are my top three choices for power supplies.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

Seems like it should have a 2TB or bigger HDD also.

StraikoID

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

I intend to move my old 500gb ssd into the new PC + I noticed that this PSU had good reviews so I went for it. Although I think it'll be fine until I decide to OC

bignastyid

Titan
Imho, no, it's overpriced for what it is. The PSU is low end and does not belong paired with a 2700x and a GTX 1080. Stock cpu cooling and a relatively small ssd. Also most users have no need for the extra features of Win 10 pro over home. CyberPowers build quality is rather poor.

StraikoID

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

What seperates a high end psu from a low end? And I did multiple pcpartpickers and it seems that prebuilts are the cheaper way to go

USAFRet

Titan

Cheaper, because they use crap parts in places where the average buyer does not look.

bignastyid

Titan

Component and Build quality. The Thermaltake Smart series uses low quality capacitors which have a low temp rating and reduce the units lifespan and can even effect system stability when they start to fail or overheat.

StraikoID

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

I might call them tmrw and replace it with an EVGA psu then

+ I got Pro to be able to disable auto updates

And I was thinking of canceling the professional cable management as there have been bad reviews about it.

USAFRet

Titan

"I got Pro to be able to disable auto updates"
Sorry, but that is a supremely bad idea.

But hey..it's your virus magnet, not mine.

StraikoID

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

Not really although I appreciate your input

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

It's your decision, of course, but he's absolutely right.

StraikoID

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

I understand the risks with both Ibuypower and cyberpower but I don't know any other prebuilt sites nor do I wish purchase separate parts as it would total to be more than the prebuilt from what I calculated. Im debating whether or not I should be crossing my fingers or just cancel the order..

USAFRet

Titan

You should look to a parts list within a certain budget and desired performance. Rather than if CyberPower is cheaper or not.

Building it yourself might be within $100 plus or minus.
But you'll have a known good parts selection, and known good assembly.

Can you build, from parts, to that performance within $1800? Almost certainly.

You want me to list a few other CyberPower screwups we've seen in here? :pfff:

StraikoID

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

I might. But then again I don't know what % of PC's out of 100 built by CP are disfunctional. Ill give it anothers day worth of thought probably.

Can tell you I personally worked on a system purchased from either ibuypower or cyberpower, and just a simple power supply change. Changed it out, he brings it back, the cheap cooler they had in it had started leaking, ended up having to change it pretty much everything as out. By the time it got the board, you had to replace that, might as well upgrade the processor to.

If you get the cyberpower build, make sure they use a quality power supply and air cooling. Less to go wrong.

USAFRet

Titan

By "dysfunctional", we're talking basic things.
DVD drive not connected.
Case filters glued on.
Not booting up right out of the box.

Stuff that wouldn't pass muster with a 12 year old doing the assembly.

StraikoID

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

Allow me to ask you this then, what other prebuilt website should I turn my eye to if I were to cancel my order and not feel like building the PC. Because like I mentioned previously, building it would well go over 1700 if I were to mimic the PC.

USAFRet

Titan

"well over" ?

Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($209.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB TURBO Video Card ($559.89 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($81.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($97.99 @ Other World Computing)
Total: $1694.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-12 15:39 EDT-0400

Add mouse and kbd as desired.
Change case as desired.

Solution

StraikoID

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

Well.. damn

As long as those problems aren't on his computer what happened in the past in a few cases is irrelevant. Of course, one may use some situations to perhaps speculate whether they will or will not see these apparent issues, but it's probably 99% chance he will receive his computer which will boot up perfectly fine and probably be fine. As long as the parts are connected properly it doesn't really matter who assembled it.

And any, and every, product can be found to have had issues by people posting on Internet forums. It is no way to garner actual data on potential failure or DOA rates, though. This can be seen by power supplies people think are more or less likely to fail, but when you see the RMA rates what they think is very often not true because they are speculating based on loose data.

If a real study, by a university, for instance, was to be done on the quality of some products and how likely they are to have potential problems or fail, they would not use online posts for their data, they would use real data.

Though I'm not making an argument here for his purchase. As you have shown it can be cheaper by buying parts yourself and getting better parts while at it.

Here is the list:

Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($152.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Black PCIe 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC Black Edition Video Card ($749.99 @ B&H)
Case: NZXT - Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($76.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Keyboard: Cooler Master - CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1769.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-12 15:49 EDT-0400

This is what you have missed.