Question Was wondering if anyone knows if they slow down your graphics card with drivers.

Oct 14, 2018
Was wondering if anyone knows if they slow down your graphics card with drivers.
So I'm wondering if this has even ever been tested before and if someone has or knows of a about this. The easiest way to describer this is I have a 1080ti. Now that there are new versions of graphics cards out there do graphic card companies like Nvidia or AMD
throttle down the older cards to make the new ones seem more attractive to potential customers. I would wonder if this has ever happened in the past? This came to me after reading about how certain companies slowing down cell phones when I new model was coming out. Anyway any help with this would be great. Thank you to everyone who helps or knows without a doubt this doesn't or has never happened.

This has been proven time and time again to not happen.
Some gpu architectures however age a lot worse than others.
A good example would be Nvidias Kepler which nowadays is considered the worst aging gpu architecture of all time.
Back in 2012 Nvidias Kepler flagship: the GTX 680 was trading blows with AMDs GCN based HD 7970.
Nowadays even the fastest Kepler chip made: GTX 780 ti loses to the HD 7970 in many modern games due to GCN aging much better than Kepler.

Reactions: WildCard999

TRENDING THREADS