watcg dogs 2 crashes

Sep 2, 2018
Hi everyone. I just bought watch dogs 2 and have played it for a few hours at a stretch. Recently, whenever I'm playing the game - say 10-15 minutes in - the game randomly crashes, especially when I'm driving. I have tinkered around with the settings a bit. With low settings 1366X768 with 0.95 pixel density, I average around 25-30fps. I also externally turned down the distance scaling, so that far-away objects render only when I get closer. When it crashes, the whole screen just pauses. The audio stops, then returns for a brief second and stops again. The whole game then crashes, returning to the desktop - no error message. Also, after this happens, my gpu memory and core clock automatically drop to what they are when the gpu is idling - and won't go back up even when I reopen the game, resulting in huge fps drops even when the game starts back up. This problem continues until i restart my pc. Any ideas, please?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Is this happening with Watch Dogs 2 alone? Where did you source the game from?

You should also include the age of the PSU.