watch dog requires i7 processor and for amd it requires fx 9370?Can an i5 4690k play it at 1080p with ultra settings except an

bp8401363

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
I have heard from people that an i5 4690k is the best processor ever for gaming.
but can it run these game?
at the defined settings.
The GPU for this will be GTX 970 so keep that in mind too.

Solution
Watch dogs CPU performance:

http://www.techspot.com/review/827-watch-dogs-benchmarks/page5.html

Notice how there is absolutely no difference between the 4670k and even the really high end i7's? Notice how the dual core i3 almost catches the 8 core 8350? Who ever told you it doesn't run was lying.

Also, it's not that the 4690k is the best for gaming, the i7 is clearly a superior processor. The problem comes in when you add in a budget and the question becomes "At what point is your processor good enough that you should shift to spend money on your video card over your processor". Since generally the i7 is good at 'work' stuff and the i5 is nearly as good at 'gaming' stuff the generally held belief is that you should get the i5 for a...

Traciatim

Distinguished
Watch dogs CPU performance:

http://www.techspot.com/review/827-watch-dogs-benchmarks/page5.html

Notice how there is absolutely no difference between the 4670k and even the really high end i7's? Notice how the dual core i3 almost catches the 8 core 8350? Who ever told you it doesn't run was lying.

Also, it's not that the 4690k is the best for gaming, the i7 is clearly a superior processor. The problem comes in when you add in a budget and the question becomes "At what point is your processor good enough that you should shift to spend money on your video card over your processor". Since generally the i7 is good at 'work' stuff and the i5 is nearly as good at 'gaming' stuff the generally held belief is that you should get the i5 for a gaming rig and save the hundred bucks that it takes to get the i7 and sink that hundred bucks in to getting a better video card.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS