'Watch Dogs 2' Set In San Francisco, Arrives November 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesavy86

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009

dstarr3

Distinguished
In what world did Watchdogs sell well enough and get critical acclaim enough to deserve a sequel? Because it certainly wasn't this one.

Do your research.
As of December 31, 2014, Watch Dogs has shipped 10 million copies.
Source: Ubisoft Finacials

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsite_common/en-US/images/pressrelease_downloadablemm_20150212_050959_ubisoftq3fy15englishfinaltcm99193930.pdf

Watchdogs sold PLENTY.

I wonder how many of those were pre-orders. Because I remember the absurd hype train for this game before release. Then it came out with an enormous "Meh" heard 'round the world.

I mean, regardless of how many copies were sold and why, there's no changing the fact that this is happening. I can only hope that WD2 gets the same treatment that Just Cause 2 got after its "okay" first title in the franchise. If WD2 just lets you go absolutely bonkers with your crazy hacker superpowers in a great big f***-around sandbox, then this stands a chance of being fun. But if they insist on staying even slightly serious, this game is doomed from the start.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
I may be in the minority - but I love that game. I never had issues with it. Sure there were the odd glitches, but hate to say it, but that is almost the norm now for all PC games. Looking forward to part II.

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
woops another botched release for the PC coming up by UB-CRAP!!!!

Still have not finished the damn game. Three 780ti OC in SLI and they couldn't even get it to run correctly.

I think I will pass.... no more UB-CRAP games for me... every single on of there releases on PC was crap and loaded with bugs.

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
woops another botched release for the PC coming up by UB-CRAP!!!!

Still have not finished the damn game. Three 780ti OC in SLI and they couldn't even get it to run correctly.

I think I will pass.... no more UB-CRAP games for me... every single on of there releases on PC was crap and loaded with bugs.

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
And I just saw the price. How much do they want for this? 150 bucks for an incomplete games that will become complete after months via DLC pacs? half of what a console costs these days. Are they freakin out of there minds?

Sh*it I used to think $70 bucks for the special edition game that came with a shit load of crap was expensive. That was cheap back than.

Anybody remember that GTA IV came with at $70 bucks? I do....

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Don't believe even for a second that the above will be in the final product - Its UBI and they always lie about their products in the marketing by lovely screenshots and vids with amazing sound and graphics... when you later get the product its no where near what was marketed.

Want the truth about the marketing lies? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNter0oEYxc

G

The first game won hundreds of awards before it was released. Of course, it was based on great graphics that never made it to the final version. This is typical Ubisoft.

I'm never buying another Ubisoft game, ever again. Don't feel bad pirating them, either. I have several friends that work for Ubisoft Montreal, they all tell me internally the company pirates all their development software. I wish they would get audited. Basically, they tell their employees "you need this software, that one, etc, but we won't pay for it". So either the employee has to buy thousands of dollars worth of software themselves, to be able to do the job they were hired to do, or they pirate it.

If a software company refuses to pay for software, why should we encourage them?

Status
Not open for further replies.