[SOLVED] Watch Dogs Legion

silenthunt316

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
Please don't spam the forum, keep it to 1 thread.
Good Evening guys, i just finished streaming Watch Dogs Legion, i had HWMonitor on to monitor the usages and temps of the components, i noticed that my gpu usage would go as high as 100% but then go down to mid 90s or high 80s, temperature is fine, now cpu wise, my cpu was hitting 90-100% usage, but the temps didnt go over 70 degrees Celsius. and all this reading was while being live on twitch. is my machine ok ? or theres something i have to tweak? is my GPU good enough for these games that are upcoming? for example (Valhalla, Cyberpunk, GodFall, Cold War)
thank you for you advice in advanced :)

Rig:
I9 9900k
RTX 2070 gaming X
24gb RAM
noctua d14s heat sink
2 1tb SSD & HDD
and Seasonic Focus 80+ platinum

Solution
If both CPU and GPU are running 90-100%, you have a well balanced system for what you do.

In term of temperatures, those sound good too.

Your GPU will well exceed the minimums for upcoming titles.... for quite some time.

silenthunt316

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
Hey guys, I hope you guys a happy Friday :), I have a few questions XD.
1.I have a RTX 2070, I just bought Watch Dogs legion. I noticed it stays at 100% usage. And temps mid - high 60’s. Is that normal ?
2. Is it recommended to leave your side panel open ? I heard it’s better for airflow. Just that I got to clean up the dust once a week or so.
And last, my RTX 2070 gaming x 8gb, is this gonna be able to run the upcoming games and be able to stream it? (I’m a streamer on twitch. Sorry for the long message

woot

Distinguished
1. yeah the usage and temps are ok, what setting and fps btw?

2. its not recommened to leave the side panel open, there needs to be a direction of airflow in your case, if you close the case, you will probly get better temps.

Zer0123

Reputable
Aug 8, 2017
Your temps are fine. But side panels exist for a reason. Unless you have case with a lot of dead zones and rat nests (cables piling up etc, basically anything that would hinder the airflow or anywhere that the cool air can't reach/ hot air can't get out of), the airflow would be optimal and there wouldn't be any need to open the side panel and increase the dust take in and risk an external object falling/getting in your case.

And yes your GPU will be good for playing and streaming most games for the next few years. Look at GTX 970/980Ti, they're old but still kicking. Don't buy into Nvidia and AMD's marketing, most powerful cards will work absolutely great in games for at least 4-5 years after their release.

silenthunt316

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
Afternoon guys,

I have a question regarding streaming. I recently streamed Watch Dogs Legion and i noticed that my gpu was i guess 90% of the stream at 100% of usage, but my temps didnt hit 65C. i had the settings on high settings, while streaming on twitch, any advice would be great

Oh damn I’m sorry. Is that normal %’s for the cpu and gpu. I know the temps are ok I think

65C for your GPU on 100% is good. Generally Nvidia cards max temps are 85-88c while AMD cards are about 110c. So as you can see 65c on your GPU alone is pretty good. As for CPU intel CPU's can go up to 100C while AMD is 95c. If both your CPU and GPU are using air cooling then you are fine, no need to worry.

If however your CPU and GPU are on a custom water loop and connected to the same water source then 65 would definitely be too high and you would need to focus on prioritizing the fans dissipating the heat from your radiators. However this is only if you are WATERCOOLING.

Reactions: silenthunt316

silenthunt316

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
Hey everyone, I’m a little confused. I just updated HWMonitor to a newer update. But now when I play warzone for example, the usage would spike to 100%. But then I downloaded GPUZ and Afterburner, and the gpu usage would be half of it. Could it be HWMonitor or my gpu?
RTX 2070 gaming x 8gb

silenthunt316

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
afternoon guys, umm im doing research on Watch Dogs Legion, and i saw this video of a guy who has Ryzen 5 3600 and an RTX 2060, i have a i9 9900k with an RTX 2070,im not understanding why hes getting more frames , when i have supposedly better components. is there something wrong with my GPU? im also getting different readings from different applications, GPU Z and Afterburner have the same readings, but HWMonitor is saying im at 100% of usage when the gpu load is 70%.

any help would be great thank you :)

silenthunt316

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
i was playing WatchDogs Legion and i noticed that my cpu usage was super low, but my gpu was at 100%,. i did some research and i assume its a gpu bottleneck, but i dont know exactly know, i have a i9 9900k and a RTX 2070 8GB. I did some more research and it said that my ram can cause a bottleneck as well? is that true? i have 24 gb of RAM(3x8) im missing one stick.

the thing is im a streamer on twitch, so i cant have no problems with my pc bc its my career and i invested alot of money on this rig, wouldnt want it to go to waste. So if i do have a bottleneck, does that mean i cant play any games until i resolve it?

sorry if it may sound like a dumb question to ask, but im not that educated with bottlenecking or thermal throttling etc etc lol

any help or advice would be appreciated :)

There is no such thing as "bottlenecking"
If, by that, you mean that upgrading a cpu or graphics card can
somehow lower your performance or FPS.
A better term might be limiting factor.
That is where adding more cpu or gpu becomes increasingly
less effective.

How is your gaming performance?
What is your resolution?

The 9900K is a very strong processor. It should not have to work that hard to drive your graphics card to 100%.
Most games are graphics bound,, particularly playing at >1080P

I think there is an issue with ram; you do not have a matched kit with 3 sticks.
Ram must be matched in one kit for proper performance.
That could mean as little as one 8gb stick running in single channel mode.
Or worse, that there is something more seriously off.

Run memtest86.
It boots from a usb stick and does not use windows.
You can download the free edition here:
https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.