Watch the Flashy Office 2010: The Movie Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
I have never seen anybody using Clippy. That's one of the worst ideas that M$ have ever implemented. The only thing that is worse than that is probably Bob.

Core2uu

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Hothr[/nom]Don't worry guys, the movie is fictional. Clippy didn't really die.[/citation]

Eh? Unless I'm mistaken he was thrown out with the trash with the release of Office '07.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
This is a lot better than the IE videos. I still don't see the point of buying Office when OpenOffice.org is free (and a lot smaller).

For the record, I kinda liked Scribble (the cat) who wasn't as stupid looking as Clippy.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]I still don't see the point of buying Office when OpenOffice.org is free (and a lot smaller).[/citation]

At my work its because you can't open an encrypted or password protected MS word document in Openoffice, we've been using MS Office for more than 15 years and training people in Openoffice isn't worth the overhead of training current staff and most new staff that have also been using MS Office since 95, legacy word documents run the possibility of not being compatible with future Openoffice releases, etc.

People generally use what they know at home, and what the people at my work place know is MS Office.

I use Openoffice on my home PC and MS Office on my laptop. On my home PC I value hard drive space and the Openoffice fits my needs. The laptop needed to be compatible with anything my school threw at me.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]At my work its because you can't open an encrypted or password protected MS word document in Openoffice, we've been using MS Office for more than 15 years and training people in Openoffice isn't worth the overhead of training current staff and most new staff that have also been using MS Office since 95, legacy word documents run the possibility of not being compatible with future Openoffice releases, etc.[/citation]I have lots of old Office documents that aren't formatted correctly in newer versions of Office. Microsoft Works files are even worse.[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]People generally use what they know at home, and what the people at my work place know is MS Office.[/citation]You have co-workers who know have word processor skills exceeding WordPad and spreadsheet skills beyond using them for shopping lists? Wow! That's a rarity.[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]I use Openoffice on my home PC and MS Office on my laptop. On my home PC I value hard drive space and the Openoffice fits my needs. The laptop needed to be compatible with anything my school threw at me.[/citation]I use OOo all the time to edit Office documents and the people I'm sharing them with don't notice. Of course, it depends on the complexity. I have a customer that was fretting having to buy Office for college in order to be able to edit assignments in *.doc files from the professor. She finally asked them if there was some way she could get a cheaper version of Office and they told her to just use OOo because that was what they were using.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
we've been using MS Office for more than 15 years and training people in Openoffice isn't worth the overhead of training current staff and most new staff that have also been using MS Office since 95,

Training? Like MS-Office2007 works just like Office 2003/2000 and 97? OpenOffice 3 is very close to MS-O2003.

powerbaselx

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
This is RIDICULOUS!!

MS ads are getting worst and worst.

I really don't understand what's the idea of making all this pointless advertisements. Remember the puke thing? And now a movie trailer that wants to be funny?
I really don't get the idea.

G

I quite liked this trailer, good humorous fun really, but dont think I will be paying for the latest and greatest office yet! I will stick to what i have thanks

onsiteone

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
I liked this little trailer it was funny! And I'm glad clippy is D-E-D.. haha. But seriously I abandoned the whole Office suite eversince microsoft's bright idea with the new file formats (DOCX hahaha!) in office 2007. It's either office 2003, openoffice, or google docs for me.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Hmmmm... another US commercial that inundates you with the branding until its burned into your brain but says absolutely nothing about the actual product. Great. (Me A American - Me hear Office 2010 lots of time on TV - Me think must buy...)

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Office 2010 must be sexy! It's some kind of spy jacket that will help me pickup hot chicks, right? Wait, what's Clippy? I'm confused =(

Status
Not open for further replies.