Watch the Live Steam Windows 7 Launch Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefOfDeath

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2006
The title says "steam" windows 7 launch event, so I thought that windows 7 was being put up for download on Steam...darn you, Tom's! You led me on!

squidrott

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
I've avoided the SilverLight hoopla this long...and I shall continue to avoid it. Which is too bad, as the event would have been slightly interesting to watch, with Ballmer being the oddity that he is.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
what's up with the STEAM thing?...

Oh, wait, they took Marcus out of his element! (coughcough)....

But really, I don't need to watch that thing online... I like/use Windows but I'm not such a big fanboy as to WATCH it's launch. I don't think my life will depend on it ... I just wish it smooth sailing..

james800

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]etichi[/nom]I thought Tom's only did Apple articles?[/citation]

well its not much of an article is it, just a click here message.

lowguppy

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
I too wanted this to be about Valve's Steam service, and not the release of an OS about which pretty much everything is already known.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
[citation][nom]dreamphantom_1977[/nom]I had the beta, but my x-fi wouldn't work properly in windows 7, so I switched back to xp. As soon as the problem is solved I'll switch back. I really liked windows 7. Just refuse to trade for my x-fi.[/citation]

The vista drivers should work fine with windows 7, they've been out for ages now.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
Well, that was, annoying, to watch (a bit too fake and gushy for my liking) but it had some lovely hardware and features. It's nice to see MS pushing other companies products, whats really sad is said companies dont do enough of it themselves. Still wish they'd had the HP Firebird there.

I think I'm beginning to see what MS has in mind for its retail stores... good on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.