Watch The Reveal Trailer For 'Call of Duty: WWII,' Which Arrives November 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trailer says "Actual Gameplay", but nowhere in any of it is anyone holding a gun shooting at anything.

I have always said the best thing about the Call of Duty series is the advertising. This game is no different.

Kourgath223

Reputable
Jul 22, 2016

To be more accurate it says "Actual In-game Footage" that does not necessarily mean "Actual Gameplay." In this case when they say "Actual In-game Footage" they basically just mean these are some cutscenes you can expect to see in the actual game.

dstarr3

Distinguished

But it is deliberately worded so vaguely to deceive customers into thinking "Oh yeah, this is exactly what gameplay will look like," instead of "Oh yeah, this is exactly what cutscenes will look like."

Kourgath223

Reputable
Jul 22, 2016

And I won't debate that it is deliberately worded vaguely so as to deceive costumers because that is very much true. I will however debate claims that the trailer says "Actual Gameplay" because nowhere does it say that the "Actual In-game Footage" is "Actual Gameplay."

fudoka711

Distinguished
Does anyone else wish the sound effects were more realistic? The gunshots sound more like lasers and the explosions definitely don't sound like actual explosions (at least compared to movie explosions).

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Well its returning to WW2 which is nice. How sledgehammer games executes the game itself still remains to be seen. It looked nice, and November is still a bit out. The future COD games were seriously just ehh. I mean they came out a few years back and the future looks nothing like that not even a smidgen. All COD games need reviews before purchase since after all they are owned by the evil corporation ACTIVISION.

Ditt44

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
CoD ended with United Offensive. CoD2 began the "Crap of the Day" console-kiddie mess we've seen since. And CoD2 was the last one I purchased and I dropped it after about three weeks...if not for the poor MP game play then it was the total disrespect for the mod community. I doubt much will change now, just more ADHD-headless-chicken catering spam fests.

Just_some_person

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Well, I can't say I'm upset with their change of pace; and the game looks adequate enough and therefore i'll watch a streamer play before I decide. But I am disappointed with the choice of time frame. WWII is such a beaten horse, especially from the allies point of view. Why can't we get a game from a German, Italian, or Japanese perspective? Like a moral or ethics struggle from the common soldier on the front line. We'd be able to use iconic and variable axis weaponry, which I'm sure is robust and largely not represented. I think that would be much more enriching and different game play experience. Not just "country farm boy" kid...again...

WWII is a "safe bet" game type. And while I like them moving away from future combat, which in my option Titan Fall 2 has done a much better job in much less time, I would have liked them to take a risk like BF1 did. I don't want to entertain a comparison between the two companies, that's not the goal here. But they did take a risk with that era of war and were not sure how it would be received. Whether or not you like the game it was received well overall.

So continuing along that thought, what other war era's could be used? Well, not many if you "need" spammy automatic gunfights. But do we? Wouldn't it be cool if they did medieval war era tech. It would be very very different. But, I think if they really tried they could get a good hybrid of ranged combat (archers, ballistas, hand cannons or other primitive gunpowder weapons) and close range. So many possibilities. True, Chivalry already did this but from a brutal unforgiving play style. Or what about "western" tech? Pistols, lever action rifles, some crazy looking hand crank machine guns...that would be awesome.

Idk, i'm clearly rambling. But I'm just not thrilled about WWII styled combat anymore. And I'd love AAA companies to take risks and explore other less main stream combat genres.

TheSpiral01

Honorable
May 26, 2013
What America has become is a disgrace to all those served and lost!

I will not purchase this game, it now upsets me to be reminded that our strong will has become tarnished by BS in society today!

mapesdhs

Distinguished
I recall reviewers saying way back that CoD World At War was pretty good. Be interesting for them to do an honest comparison, graphical fidelity aside.

Re the on rails stuff, ironically that's why I stopped bothering with MoH games, Rising Sun was full of it.

dstarr3

Distinguished

Check YouTube for a video by Noah Caldwell-Gervais. He made a (long) video in which he reviewed, compared, and contrasted every COD game release at the time of production. It's fairly recent, so there haven't been too many COD games released since. And besides, if you're just looking for a modern critique of the early COD games, great place to start.

Suffice it to say, the early ones were very different games. It was only around COD 4 when the franchise went all dude-bro and awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS