[SOLVED] watchdog bsod

Mar 1, 2021
Alienware aurora r4 16gb ram.
i7-4820k 3.7 ghz
GeForce gtx 690
I'm not sure if my graphics card is going out.
when i run a game i used to play ill get the bsod watchdog violation.
I've done all the steps I'm supposed to do when looking up how to fix it and none of them worked.
help please!

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you working with and how old is the PSU in the system? You might also want to try and reinstall your GPU drivers, use DDU to uninstall and then use the latest driver off of Nvidia's support site. Install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

I'm also thinking that the GPU being a GTX690 might be on it's way out if the GPU was thrashed around with high details in-game.

Lutfij

Titan

What OS are you working with and how old is the PSU in the system? You might also want to try and reinstall your GPU drivers, use DDU to uninstall and then use the latest driver off of Nvidia's support site. Install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

I'm also thinking that the GPU being a GTX690 might be on it's way out if the GPU was thrashed around with high details in-game.

Reactions: Aphenis
Solution
Mar 1, 2021
I'm using Windows 10
also I Just ran a benchmark test and halfway through it froze and had the watchdog violation then restarts.
the PSU is 875w and as far as i know is older I've had the system for about a year.
I updated all drivers as well on the Nvidia site

Mar 1, 2021

I'm using Windows 10
also I Just ran a benchmark test and halfway through it froze and had the watchdog violation then restarts.
the PSU is 875w and as far as i know is older I've had the system for about a year.
I updated all drivers as well on the Nvidia site

Mar 1, 2021

Problem Solved!!!

Thank you i ordered a refurbished psu for 70 bucks on amazon and it works great all over again thank you for your input. im just glad it wasn't the graphics card!