Watchdog Error and Updating Drivers

wishbone346

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
So I've been receiving the watchdog error on my pc for a couple days now causing it to crash to a blue screen. After looking online I found that many people said this was due to outdated drivers and they recommended updating them. Since I trust you fine folks far more than just a random google search I thought I'd come here and ask if this was indeed the case, and if it is the case what would be the best way to update my drivers as I've got little experience with this sort of thing. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hello... ya get that for me... it would save me a lot brain cell use... your computer isn't totally down B ) when will it happen again?
I know...
1) right click computer-manage-Event viewer-Windows Log

There should be all your error messages... read that over.

Typically what I know about chrome browser is that it will use up your RAM memory, if left on for along time.... I have had a person here happen to them with 16gb ram... we upgraded him 32 gb's and that fixed his use problem... BUT he did not complain of "watch dog" error.
Hello... "Watch Dog" error is a Hardware communication Message/error... "Some device" sends a call out to another, at some regular timing interval... after so many un-answered calls... it will post a "Watch Dog" error.

Does this happen repeatably when you are running the Same program or Random programs?

wishbone346

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
Both times that it has occurred I have been using Google Chrome. Not much in common other than that though. The first time I was playing a video on Dailymotion, and the second time it occurred I had multiple windows open with one on Youtube, one on Facebook, and one on a forum site I frequent. On the second occurrence it happened only after I had opened Facebook and began scrolling through posts.

wishbone346

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1

Hello... ya get that for me... it would save me a lot brain cell use... your computer isn't totally down B ) when will it happen again?
I know...
1) right click computer-manage-Event viewer-Windows Log

There should be all your error messages... read that over.

Typically what I know about chrome browser is that it will use up your RAM memory, if left on for along time.... I have had a person here happen to them with 16gb ram... we upgraded him 32 gb's and that fixed his use problem... BUT he did not complain of "watch dog" error.

Solution