Watchdogs has no sound using realtek high definition audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Vigilant3

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
I have realtek high definition audio on my dell optiplex 980 mini tower Core i5.

I have recently bought and installed Watch_Dogs for pc.Everything is working perfectly fine except for the sound. There is no sound AT ALL.

I decided to look on the internet. I found some fixes and I tried every one of them but to no avail. I updated my sound card drivers, turned volume to max, did everything but it fixed nothing.

Another thing, when I checked my sound driver details I found out that I have nvidia high definition audio installed on my PC. What is that supposed to mean?!?!?!? Another thing, is my sound card compatible with directx 9? Anyway my issue still has not been resolved and now I'm quite desperate because I can't enjoy the game properly. Please help ASAP. Thank you.

Solution
there is a problem with watch ogs game if u have downloaded it .....try the hotfix from reloaded...http://kickass.to/watch-dogs-update-1-hotfix-incl-11-2-dlc-and-crack-3dm-t9156250.html

Richard van Wyk

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
WATCH DOGS NO SOUND FIX SOLVED

I had the Same problem drove me nuts. It played fine the 1st time i installed it..then my windows crashed..reinstalled windows installed game again...this time there is no sound...re-installed it a couple of times nothing worked..

PEOPLE HERE IS THE FIX IT WORKS.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

I know this will work for those with absolute no sound..don't know about the others.

GOOD LUCK

Reactions: Ishraque

Shazain95

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015

This solution worked for me thanx alot Richard van Wyk :)

noxiousgrg

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

i tried to download but it says a cabinet file necesarry for instalations cannot be truste. Please verify the Cryptographic Services..bla bla

Mar 26, 2020
Here in 2020, grabbed Watch Dogs, tried everything to get sound in game and it doesn't work.
That Direct X installer just told me I already have it "nothing to do here" basically.

Mar 29, 2020
Here in 2020 also, Game worked fine with audio working well for the first week of gameplay, then after deleting the temp files on my SSD, had some trouble with the game crashing that was resolved. But after that I've now got no audio, but only as I join a multiplayer session. At the moment of it happening I was using USB-C earphones, and after I quit the game they stopped working and now I only have audio from my built-in speakers working. I tested the headphones and they worked fine with my phone, so watchdogs have either changed a setting on my computer without my acknowledgement that has stopped the function of my earphones, or it has completely fried my USB-C port altogether. (Still haven't plugged in a different USB-C device into the port to test if it's still working as I don't have another USB-C device). Pretty frustrated as you can imagine. (Game Is installed on the hard drive, and so is Uplay).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS