[SOLVED] Watching 24/7 live stream consumes RAM

Jul 13, 2020
Hey everyone.
I apologize in advance, english is not my native language.
I've been scouting the whole internet for answers for this particular problem.

The CEO of the company I'm working for, is set to have a screen at home running livestreams from his shops 24/7.

At the 5 shops, i've installed an iSpy server with 2 cameras connected at each place, so in total 10 cameras that he would like to watch at the same time.

At his home, he watches the live stream from a browser.

The problem is that the browser crashes every 4 to 5 hour due to high consumption of RAM, and REALLY he wants to have it running constantly without any crashes.

I've watched the task manager during those 4-5 hours and the RAM usage% gets bigger and bigger.

What I know so far that all the temp data / video / something is stored in RAM.

Is there ANY way to make this work without any crashes etc?

The PC has 16GB of ram.

Edit:

Mozilla firefox, chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge are tried.

Edit 2:

There is a server in every store running an iSpy server.

And then there is a server at home running iSpy in an internet browser, getting all the live feeds from every store.

iSpy is updated.

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hey everyone.
I apologize in advance, english is not my native language.
I've been scouting the whole internet for answers for this particular problem.

The CEO of the company I'm working for, is set to have a screen at home running livestreams from his shops 24/7.

At the 5 shops, i've installed an iSpy server with 2 cameras connected at each place, so in total 10 cameras that he would like to watch at the same time.

At his home, he watches the live stream from a browser.

The problem is that the browser crashes every 4 to 5 hour due to high consumption of RAM, and REALLY he wants to have it running constantly without any crashes.

I've watched the task manager during those 4-5 hours and the RAM usage% gets bigger and bigger.

What I know so far that all the temp data / video / something is stored in RAM.

Is there ANY way to make this work without any crashes etc?

The PC has 16GB of ram.
Start by trying an alternate browser.

Jul 13, 2020
Are you running the most current version of iSpy?
Does the browser connect to a remote iSpy server or is iSpy running on the PC with the browser connecting locally ?

Hey
There is a server in every store running an iSpy server.

And then there is a server at home running iSpy in an internet browser, getting all the live feeds from every store.

iSpy is updated.

Jul 13, 2020
If VLC also has issues, then to me it is an iSpy issue. Good news it is open source. Bad news is that nobody is specifically responsible to fix it if there is a problem.
Have you tried VLC direct to the stores rather than to a local iSpy server ?

I am gonna give that one a try.
Is it possible to have multiple camera streams in a VLC player?