Watching netflix while gaming

Danny Shaw

Reputable
Jul 6, 2014
So i got a second monitor recently so that i could watch netflix while i game but i noticed when i have my game running in windows fullscreen and im in the game application the nextflix on my other monitor had weird lag or some sort of delay, please advise

Solution
Netflix will receive a lower priority than the gaming screen - either a netflix app issue (it relinquishes resources when not having focus) or a game issue. You might be able to fiddle with the thread priority to get it better, but I doubt it to be honest.

kyzarvs

Distinguished
Netflix will receive a lower priority than the gaming screen - either a netflix app issue (it relinquishes resources when not having focus) or a game issue. You might be able to fiddle with the thread priority to get it better, but I doubt it to be honest.

Solution

Danny Shaw

Reputable
Jul 6, 2014
So it turns out after an hour or two it started working properly for some reason gonna keep checking to make sure it wasn't a one time thing, but it looks like it fixed itself

Yonose

Distinguished
Are both monitors the same refresh rate?
(i.e. 60Hz)

Does VSYNC ON or OFF for the game make a difference?

Even tho this is an old thread, i would still like to add this solution.

Had this problem myself for a long time. Got 144hz monitor as main, and 60hz as secondary, chose 60hz on both monitors and it seemed to fix the problem.

Worth to note, i chose the game as low priority and netflix (windows app) as highest in task manager. However this didnt have a effect first so it might not have a good effect as Kyzarvs said.

Sep 6, 2019
So i got a second monitor recently so that i could watch netflix while i game but i noticed when i have my game running in windows fullscreen and im in the game application the nextflix on my other monitor had weird lag or some sort of delay, please advise

Hey Danny, this issue is very common. Please see if your connection speed is upto the par that it cant buffer Netflix and support the online game you play.

additionally, you can consider upgrading your PC by increasing the RAM and processor.

YOU ARE WELCOME!. Peace.

Sep 6, 2019

Hey Danny, this issue is very common. Please see if your connection speed is upto the par that it cant buffer Netflix and support the online game you play.

additionally, you can consider upgrading your PC by increasing the RAM and processor.

YOU ARE WELCOME!. Peace.