Water/coolant mixing in oil

Timmyvibe

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
Hi i hva e a ford fusion 2014 1.5 se
My problem is that i had my head gaskeet replaced,but now i have the problem that water is mixing in my oil, or like the mechanic is saying, my motor is burning water. Is this happening because i have a crack in my headers?
Reason im asking is because i dont trust the mechanic anymore.... by reading the answers i saw that you can put pressure on the headers to see if there is a leaking problem, but i dont remember that he did this. He told me that its difficult to see when you have a crack in your headers, so i need to change my headgasket and if the problem persist than its a problem with my headers,---

Can someone help me with this, what is the next stel i can take?

Solution
Water mixing into the oil could be a few things but a cracked cylinder head (not headers) is quite possible. What caused the need to have a the head gasket replaced? There could still be some underlying problem with the cooling system also.

So the oil looks milky or cloudy? That would be an indication of water in the oil.

kanewolf

Titan
Water mixing into the oil could be a few things but a cracked cylinder head (not headers) is quite possible. What caused the need to have a the head gasket replaced? There could still be some underlying problem with the cooling system also.

So the oil looks milky or cloudy? That would be an indication of water in the oil.

Solution

indsup

Reputable
Apr 26, 2015
There is a pressure test that you can do on your cylinders to see which one has an issue. If it is getting water in the oil it is either the cracked cylinder head or a bad gasket between the block and the cylinder head. If you do the pressure test you will find out which cylinder that is leaking and will let you know where to look. You can only look if you remove the cylinder head and check the gasket and the head. It will have an easily spottable place to know exactly where the leak is. If it is the gasket all you will have to do is put another one on, (you will have to any way once you remove the head). If it is the head you will have to replace the head (There is no way to fix a busted head.). You can also use a scope to look inside the cylinder to see where it is and make a determination on which it is.