Water cooled system idea?

Vaikran

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
Thoughts and ideas on a Fully water cooled airtight system to eliminate dust? i would be building a custom case for this of coarse. Also i have second thoughts on that water cooled PSU. Anybody have experience with these or thoughts on my idea?

Solution
Yeah, I think you've got a good grip on the concept and issues to contend with, I'm thinking you're good to go here. I'll simply hang out on the sidelines here and wait to see if you have any questions or unforeseen problems to contend with
While you would be able to do a system which is cooled by water and is air tight, you would need to use at least one large externally mounted radiator. You would need to provide cooling for the CPU, GPU (if installed), motherboard, ram and optionally; hard drive(s) and PSU (or you could have the PSU external possibly but it would need a filter for the fan).

Vaikran

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
Yes sorry for not clarifying my idea. Here is my plan.

Attach blocks to my Motherboard, CPU, GPU, Ram, and HDs with a watercooled PSU. Then i will custom build a case to fit all this and externally mount the radiator with a fan to cool it off and the reservoir. If i dont get that extremely expensive water cooled PSU i had the same idea as u suggested to externally mount the PSU with a filter on it to keep dust out. Also i was thinking i might need one or two fans inside to create a closed circuit airflow inside the case to at least create a bit of cooling for any residual heat that escapes anything.

Yeah, I think you've got a good grip on the concept and issues to contend with, I'm thinking you're good to go here. I'll simply hang out on the sidelines here and wait to see if you have any questions or unforeseen problems to contend with

Solution