Question Water Cooler ARBG Setup on Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite AM4 Wifi

pife55

Honorable
Mar 3, 2014
I'm building a new system Sunday and have a question about configuring the CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML360R RGB CPU water cooler to my Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite AM4 Wifi Motherboard and other case fans.

What would be the best/fastest way to configure this to sync with the ARGB Fusion on the motherboard? I'm thinking I don't need to use the CoolerMaster command hub that comes with the cooler.... Is the best way to just chain the fans together and plug the ARGB directly into the ARGB Fusion 2.0 slot on the motherboard and no need for the CoolerMaster Hub?

First time building with a liquid cooler or incorporating RGB into a build so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The ARGB port can power 5, possibly 6 ARGB equipped fans. Anything more than that and you'll need the Command hub. I'd use it with 6 fans and not tax the port. Physically, the pwm addressing can support upto 72 (ish) fans, it's the power draw that cannot, so needs supplemental power for every 10 fans±.

3 on the cooler, leaving 2 in the case. If you have 3 ARGB case fans...

Word of advice. There's absolutely nothing fast/easy about wiring up a lighting system. Not unless you are satisfied with a pc that looks like it was built by a blind 5yr old who is Way down on the Autism Spectrum.

Take your time, the effort will pay off. Took me a year and a half of research, measuring, planning, searching, waiting to build my mITX pc, and once all that was done, another 3 months to actually put it together.

And I can slap a basic pc together in somewhat less than an hour, with smoke breaks.

pife55

Honorable
Mar 3, 2014
For plugging in the argb from the cpu cooler.... Will I want to plug the lights into the “Cpu_opt” or the “d_led” slot? I ask because in the manual the cpu opt just says it’s for RGB and not argb but the d_led slot is for argb

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
An rgb/argb fan is not a single unit. It's a fan with a seperate light strip glued to it. So there's almost always 2 wires on every fan. One for the fan, one for the light.

That's an important distinction, because both are totally seperate and almost always different, in power, needs, connections etc.

So the above post needs clarifying. You won't be plugging anything rgb/argb into cpu_fan, cpu_opt, sys_fan, aux_fan, aio_pump etc. The Only place will be the rgb+ or jrain lighting header.

So lights is one thing, aio is seperate. Worry about the aio first, then worry about connecting the lighting, they don't mix. The specifics of aio hookup can change, depending on the aio, some the fans go to the pump, some go to cpu_fan header, some pumps goto aio_pump, some to a sys_fan header, some to cpu_fan or cpu_opt. Some have a USB2.0 connection, some have Sata power, some don't.

Lighting is a seperate issue, goes to the jrain header or rgb+ header, and whether you use that via the Commander will be up to you, the wires, your wants/needs for software etc.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS