Water Cooler Blockage?

Ryutti

Prominent
May 30, 2017
So I have posted about my cooling and high temperature problems in the past. I had a some nice people answer my threads and i went ahead and did some monitoring of my own and figured out that all my computer in all honesty needed was a little rest in the hot Cali heat. The new problem that may be arising however is with my cooler itself. I have a h100i Corsair AIO cooler. Now usually after turning it on from being off for a couple hours (usually 2-3) the temperatures are totally fine, 32-35 idle and about 39-48 when gaming depending on how demanding the game is. If i let my comp hibernate for a while and come back to turn it on, the games that should only make the comp reach 39 C end up sending it to 50. Naturally i decided to check my cooler out and on accident i hit one of the cooler tubes with my finger. What i noticed after that was that the idle temperature it was giving shot down from 47 to 35 in a matter of a minute. Now whenever i leave it hibernating and it gives me the high temperatures, i tap my cooler tube a little bit or flick it with my finger and it usually brings the temperature down. Ive felt both tubes and neither gets either TOO hot or TOO cold. But the fact that flicking my cooler tube can drastically improve my temps is a little surprising. I just wanted to know if this was a result of a possible blockage and try to clear it out, or if this was a more serious issue like the water pump starting to fail.
Thank you all so much for the time to help me out!

Solution
it's probably an air bubble. you can not safely fix it on your own as those AiOs are not meant to be disassembled.
You can install the radiator:
1. vertically with tubes connecting on the lower part
2. horizontally.
both of the above, and especially the first one, should make the "taping" unnecessary.
it's probably an air bubble. you can not safely fix it on your own as those AiOs are not meant to be disassembled.
You can install the radiator:
1. vertically with tubes connecting on the lower part
2. horizontally.
both of the above, and especially the first one, should make the "taping" unnecessary.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS