Water cooler into cpu_opt or aio_pump??

dicko_11_is

Commendable
Oct 10, 2017
Hi

Recently setup my new system and it's all running well but I'm curious. I've got my water cooler (deep cool captain 120ex) plugged into the cpu_fan for radiator fan and the other cable for pump into cpu_opt as the install book told me too but my motherboard (asus strix z270f gaming) has an aio_pump port...would I be better off plugging Into that? What's the difference?

Thanks

20171122_175820.jpg
[/url]

Solution
you should plug the AIO pump cable into the the slot where it says AIO PUMP
the the fan for the rad into cpu fan header

EDIT (if you are planning to control pump speed plug it in to the pump header)
if you dont want to dont plug it in downside to it is if you dont plug the pump into the pump header on your mobo your pump will run at max 24/7

OCD Tweaker

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
you should plug the AIO pump cable into the the slot where it says AIO PUMP
the the fan for the rad into cpu fan header

EDIT (if you are planning to control pump speed plug it in to the pump header)
if you dont want to dont plug it in downside to it is if you dont plug the pump into the pump header on your mobo your pump will run at max 24/7

Solution

OCD Tweaker

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
you will be able to control the pump 2 ways through the bios or corsair link(software)
i wouldn't run the pump at max 24/7 because your going to burn the pump out

by plugging it into the pump header you are allowing the computer to decide how fast the pump needs to move the water(you can also set it your self and the computer will run the pump at what you tell it

(its just like setting up a custom fan curve except with the pump)

dicko_11_is

Commendable
Oct 10, 2017
Ok after alot of searching the internet and contacting the manufacturer of the water cooler I've plugged into the aio_pump as it's a constant DC supply and not pwm controllable. The pump should be running at 100% all the time otherwise hot water may not pass through the radiator.

Pump is also not designed to change speed constantly like a cpu fan