[SOLVED] water cooler making dripping noise

Obsnacks

Reputable
BANNED
Sep 21, 2019
i just recently installed the corsair h100i pro xt and its making a dripiing noise but no water is leeking so i worry about this because i read that it is normal

Solution
Thank You
That helps us alot more.
Ryzen Master is the most accurate for your cpu temp.

Temp Spikes are a normal function of Ryzen cpu's at idle, like 29c spike to 40c for seconds then back and forth.

From your info it seems that your temps are good and you are hearing them ramp up with cpu / temp increase and then settle down as the cpu cools back down.
Your cooler has Zero mode also, so dont freakout that your fans aren't spinning if you are at idle.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)The radiator's fans are backwards here, and as things currently are, you have an all exhaust airflow.
Flip the radiator fans.

2)Is there enough room in the chassis to allow you to turn the radiator 180 degrees to where the tubing enters from the bottom?
If not, disregard, and instead do the following:
-Remove the screws securing the radiator to the chassis.
-Turn the PC on.
-While it is on, move the radiator around so as to relocate the air pockets; the idea is to try and trap them in the radiator - which is what the tubing down position does with less effort.
-Then you can turn the PC off and proceed to secure the radiator back inside

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Negative. They're all pulling /pushing air out.
iu

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes.
But are the radiator fans fixed now? Refer to the image earlier about airflow direction.
They should be pushing air through the radiator and into the chassis.

Oh! I also forgot to mention that the cooler's pump speed should be set to 100% for best performance. This can be done in either Corsair iCUE or Link.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Open Icue
Click on the h100i
On the left side of the page there is about 4 different headings click on them to Find on the right middle of screen the Fans and Pump.
Click on the pump it should show the different speeds Quite / Ballanced/ Extreme. Best pump setting is Extreme.
You can set the fans the same way most of the time all you need is fans on Balenced.

Some noise for awhile maybe present till the air in the system reaches the top most position in the system.

If you could post a video so we can hear what you are saying that would help alot.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Thank You For that.
I didn't hear anything to be concerned about.
Do you still hear it with the side cover on ?
Did you get the pump speed set to
Extreme ?

If this is a Ryzen system?If so run Ryzen Master and or Hwinfo64 to monitor your temps.
If its a Intel system the guys here can tell you if there is a program like RM for Intel or just use Hwinfo64 to monitor your temps.
For hwinfo64 look at the Tctl-t die for cpu temp.
Get the most current versions.
On Hwinfo64 on install run sensors only and Choose not to monitor The Corsair h100i as that can cause conflicts.

Corsair has a nasty habbit of using Water Temp in the cooling system and people confuse that with their cpu temp.

Do what ever you do with your system
Gaming / Encoding /what ever it is paying attention to the temps and the rise and fall of the fan speed baised upon what you are doing.

In time of getting use to Icue you can get accustom to manually playing around with the fan speeds or create a custom fan curve.
But for know let it run the longer the better.

Atleast Now your Gpu won't be starving for air as it would have been.

Please keep Us informed and someone will assist you.

Obsnacks

Reputable
BANNED
Sep 21, 2019
No because the fans make a loud noise so I can't hear anything besides the fan eo you think its anything to worry about? And are their any numbers i can look out for in hwinfo64

Obsnacks

Reputable
BANNED
Sep 21, 2019
my fan rpm are both at 290 rpm idle while gaming im not sure because i dont check but they go up because while gaming my temps are high 40s and low 50s my pump speed is set to extreme and it say 2598 rpm in hwinfo 64 my tctl goes from 29 to 40 at max its normally high 20s low 30s my tdie is also high 20s low 30s

my specs
ryzen 5 3600
rx 5700 xt gaming oc
msi x470 gaming max
ripjaws c16 3600 mhz (2x8)
seasonic 650w gm not really sure what the exact model is but is a gold rating
1tb wd sata
256 m.2

Thank You
That helps us alot more.
Ryzen Master is the most accurate for your cpu temp.

Temp Spikes are a normal function of Ryzen cpu's at idle, like 29c spike to 40c for seconds then back and forth.

From your info it seems that your temps are good and you are hearing them ramp up with cpu / temp increase and then settle down as the cpu cools back down.
Your cooler has Zero mode also, so dont freakout that your fans aren't spinning if you are at idle.

Solution