Water Cooler Not Recognized by System

Oct 18, 2018
Howdy all, I recently upgraded many of the components in my old system to bring some life into an out dated PC. In doing so one of the things I added was a Corsair H50 cooler. When I first got the cooler it made a trickling sound and I had no fan recognition issues. Now when I start the system it says there is a cpu fan error and it shuts off and there is no longer a trickling noise which could be air working it's way out of the lines somewhere. If I sit there and start it many times sometimes it turns on and once on is stable. I checked the temps of the cpu both while playing games and just surfing and they seem to sit in a safe range (30-47) only a few times reaching the 50's. I am not sure if the fan is bad but the temps staying where they do indicates other issues to me. Does anyone have any ideas? Is the cooler bad, and if not how do I get the system to recognize the fan? My final question is I have swapped the radiator fan to the cpu slot and the pump to the case fan slot, I did this in hopes of tricking the mobo, but wanted to know if it was safe to do this before running it in this configuration for any amount of time.

Solution
I'm using a kraken x62 and i had a cpu fan error, all i did was swap the connectors to different fan headers and boom, no fan error. Also 50c for a 120mm fan is not bad and way within the limit.(my temps are around 46c while running battlefield,bo4,rb6 so you are fine if it ever goes above 70 you might wanna worry a bit.)

Evans_GateWorld

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2014
I'm using a kraken x62 and i had a cpu fan error, all i did was swap the connectors to different fan headers and boom, no fan error. Also 50c for a 120mm fan is not bad and way within the limit.(my temps are around 46c while running battlefield,bo4,rb6 so you are fine if it ever goes above 70 you might wanna worry a bit.)

Solution
Oct 18, 2018

Thanks my guy, I will just make sure to watch the temps