Water Cooler powered by 3-pin header?

SargentOcculis

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
I am getting a water cooling kit from corsair. The pump is powered by a 3-pin header on the motherboard. But there is no 3-pin header on the motherboard I have. Can i just plug this into the 4-pin PWM CPU header? What can I do here?

Hydro Series H75 provides effective and efficient liquid CPU cooling in a compact size. The 120mm radiator has a thickness of only 25mm and is paired with standard diameter, kink-resistant tubing for compatibility with smaller cases and tighter spaces. The dual SP120L 120mm fans support PWM motherboard fan headers, so your motherboard can automatically control fan speeds based on CPU temperature. The tool-free mounting system has broad Intel and AMD socket compatibility. A copper microfin coldplate and high-quality ceramic bearing pump help provide reliable, low-noise heat transfer away from your CPU. And, like all Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers, Hydro Series H75 is completely self-contained and never needs filling or maintenance.

The brackets and screws along with a cable that will let you plug in the 2 fans and connect it to a single motherboard fan header.

The pump is powered using a 3-pin fan header and must be plugged into a header supplying 12V, either on the motherboard or via an adapter from the power supply.

I have the same cooler. I connected the pump header to any system fan which you can put to run at 100% in the bios. The fan header I connected to the cpu connector.

TRENDING THREADS