[SOLVED] Water Cooling additional fans

Aug 25, 2020
Hey there lads!

Just a quick (maybe) stupid question:

If I am planning to build a PC with a water-cooling solution like a Corsair Hydro Series H100i or comparable, is it advisable to purchase 2 additional fans for the top of the radiator to increase airflow?

Or are the 2 pre-installed fans enough?

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
Hey @rubix_1011 , thanks for responding so quickly!

I want my Setup to look something like this , and i was wondering if the cpu can benefit of 2 additional fans
(Slight changes migth follow, e.g. a cooler from NZXT,... )

Kind regards
No, push-pull on radiators helps very little if any, fans are already matched to radiator. Make sure your case is well ventilated. If I may suggest, switch to R7 3700x, you'll get same performance. Also memory to 3600MHZ, money difference put into better GPU.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
This is called push/pull, since there are fans 'pushing' air through the radiator as well as 'pulling' it through on the other side. Yes, it can be done, usually the 2 fans are usually good for most situations. However.......

We get lots of questions - 'is this cooler enough'. Or, 'is this setup enough'.

Enough for what? There aren't any additional parameters provided in the context of the question which defines what makes the question valid as we don't know the requirements on 'not enough' or 'adequate'.

Aug 25, 2020

I want my Setup to look something like this , and i was wondering if the cpu can benefit of 2 additional fans

Kind regards

Kind regards
No, push-pull on radiators helps very little if any, fans are already matched to radiator. Make sure your case is well ventilated. If I may suggest, switch to R7 3700x, you'll get same performance. Also memory to 3600MHZ, money difference put into better GPU.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS