Question water cooling advice

Nov 28, 2020
hi i have a ek fluid gaming setup with of course aluminum parts which they no longer make but i was wondering I could use my radiators which i think maybe aluminum but change everything else to nickel/copper with a special type of fluid or something or do i really have to buy new radiators

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
That difficult, maybe I make mistake but I thought using aluminum and copper/nickel in loop cause the corrosion. Maybe there is special coolant can be used but I just not know of it. Worth looking into radiators can be much cost. Can understand radiator I want back in stock now and I being the big cheapskates and have no order it yet. :)

This would be a very bad idea. There is a reason that EK has notifications all over their website that say :
  • This product should NOT be installed with any aluminum EK Fluid Gaming parts!
In a pinch you might do it for an afternoon. But then you need to tear down the loop flush and dry everything.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I guess I don't understand this question - you have an EK aluminum kit, but you want to basically replace it with a copper/brass/nickel set of components?

Why not just start over if that's the route you want to go?

What is the goal you are trying to accomplish?

Just expanding the loop or what are you needing to do that you cannot do currently?

If we can get answers to these questions maybe we can determine what your options are...without knowing the goal, we are guessing as to what your real needs are.

Nov 28, 2020
I guess I don't understand this question - you have an EK aluminum kit, but you want to basically replace it with a copper/brass/nickel set of components?

Why not just start over if that's the route you want to go?

What is the goal you are trying to accomplish?

Just expanding the loop or what are you needing to do that you cannot do currently?

If we can get answers to these questions maybe we can determine what your options are...without knowing the goal, we are guessing as to what your real needs are.
yeah basically my pump is leaking and on its way out and i cant find a new pump so in need of one asap i hate ek for making these kits only to stop providing parts.. so i need a new pump and was thinking to possibly go hard line at the same time seeing its lockdown with not much going on...my pc is what you guys would consider old and not worth the headache but it works fine for my needs

Nov 28, 2020
You can just get another DDC pump, there isn't anything specific in terms of the pump in that kit vs. another.

I have one of those EK aluminum kits that I reviewed - the pump is the same as any other pump I have of the same type.
so i can literally buy any pump and res and i should be ok?