Question Water Cooling Asus Dual RTX 2080 ti

Sep 22, 2019
Hi.
I just recently buy a Asus dual RTX 2080 ti and I am thinking in water cooling my PC with a custom loop
My specs are:
Asus X299-E Gaming motherboard
I9-9900X processor
G-Skill 3200 CL14 RGB RAM
Corsair Obsidian 500D SE case

I was thinking in building up a EK custom water cooling loop, but I have some doubts about the wattage dissipation needed for the radiators. So I will thank you for helping me with this. I´m thinking in using EK slim radiators, one of 120 mm in the back and one of 320 mm in the top. I already checked some wattage delta graphics dissipation in the EKWB site, but I´m not shore if the 360 mm and120 mm will give me a good performance.
I´m trying to know what is the wattage dissipation needed on the RTX 2080 ti GPU because I can´t find it on the sites that I have looked for. Can please some help me with that?

Last edited:

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You would need to know the watts generated by the GPU at 100% load, which should be around 70%-85% of the listed TDP since power provided in watts is never converted to 100% in thermal energy in watts generated.

What kind of performance are you looking for? What coolant delta-T are you wishing to achieve?

My recommendation would be to read through the watercooling sticky: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/read-first-toms-hw-watercooling-sticky-v2-0.331454/

I also have a radiator estimation sheet - check the calculating delta-T section for a link to the workbook.

Sep 22, 2019
You would need to know the watts generated by the GPU at 100% load, which should be around 70%-85% of the listed TDP since power provided in watts is never converted to 100% in thermal energy in watts generated.

What kind of performance are you looking for? What coolant delta-T are you wishing to achieve?

My recommendation would be to read through the watercooling sticky: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/read-first-toms-hw-watercooling-sticky-v2-0.331454/

I also have a radiator estimation sheet - check the calculating delta-T section for a link to the workbook.

Hello.
I have checked your post before and my loop will give me around 500 watts, more or less. My real problem is getting my PC on normal performance with silent operation. On EKWB site I check the watts dissipation for delta T for 10 C*. My PC case don´t have so much space for radiators, I can go with 1 x 120 mm on the back, 1 x 360 mm on top and on the front I don´t wanted to place any radiators because of the air flow.
My problem is my CPU and GPU on normal clocks goes around 400 watts, more the monoblock that cools the CPU VRM, I think that the radiator of 360 mm on EKWB site goes around 300 Watts on a delta T of 10 C, with fans getting more than 1500 RPM. Maybe on real life with bigger delta T difference it´s OK, but I´m not real shore of that. THey say that the 120 mm goes from 100 watts to 200 watts , but I really don´t understand some things like 2080 ti with 120 mm radiator AIO´s and I think that they work with good temps. What you think? My two radiators will be up to the job? I was pretending to get between 50 C and 60 C* load temperature.

My loop is:
Monoblock strix EK
140 revo RGB pump with 1500 L/Hour
EK vector RE GPU monoblock
Radiator coolstream 120 mm and 360 mm by 30 mm thick

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Watercooling isn't necessarily silent. It is difficult to have silence unless you use more radiators than you might need and use slower fans on them to accomplish this.

Realistically, you are likely needing to account for a 360 and a 240 radiator assuming highest absolute load for both CPU and 2 GPUs, but the reality is that a 360 and 120 will be fine. This will likely require you to determine a good fan curve for PWM fans (not pump) if the system gets beyond a threshold you are comfortable with at certain fan speeds.

If you can manage a thicker radiator, such as one 45mm thick, this will also help dissipation, but also means accounting for more space being occupied by fans and radiators than by using slim radiators.

Reactions: MJPT
Sep 22, 2019
Watercooling isn't necessarily silent. It is difficult to have silence unless you use more radiators than you might need and use slower fans on them to accomplish this.

Realistically, you are likely needing to account for a 360 and a 240 radiator assuming highest absolute load for both CPU and 2 GPUs, but the reality is that a 360 and 120 will be fine. This will likely require you to determine a good fan curve for PWM fans (not pump) if the system gets beyond a threshold you are comfortable with at certain fan speeds.

If you can manage a thicker radiator, such as one 45mm thick, this will also help dissipation, but also means accounting for more space being occupied by fans and radiators than by using slim radiators.

Thank you.