[SOLVED] Water Cooling choice

Jun 24, 2019
huys i need help. So i want to buy a watercooler, there's a cheap water cooler called segotep AIO 240mm. and Corsair 115 240mm, i saw the reviews on youtube, and of course corsair 115 are way better than Segotep AIO even tho it has the same size. my thought is, the fans in corsair 115 are better, so if i change the fan of the SEGOTEP to the fan they used in corsair 115. will the performance be the same??

Solution
Why would you go with a cheap, small AIO like an H60 or H45 rather than a larger 240 AIO not named 'Segotep', such as Corsair or Cooler Master or others?

It sounds like you're simply toying with the idea that budget spending on an AIO is going to accomplish something significant - I can assure you it will not.

Nearly all AIOs use identical radiators for their size - most 240mm AIOs use identical 240mm aluminium radiator cores, 280mm's use the same 280mm cores, and so on. These parts are supplied to the manufacturer at the lowest possible cost, which is why they are nearly identical. The pumps used between them each are usually one of only a few manufacturers as well, so the only real differences being fans used.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hard to say. Would need to know the fin density and materials of the radiator, and its overall thickness. Pump speed plays a factor as well. Possibly tubing size if there is even restriction.

The fans are probably responsible for a lot of it, but why should you be able to get ahold of the fans? As far as I know they aren't sold separately. You can certainly get some high quality fans if you so choose, but then you might as well just buy the better cooler. Or look at even higher quality units like the NZXT Kraken or EVGA closed loop coolers. And Corsair makes some downright expensive all copper models as I recall.

The corsair is a 280mm cooler vs the segotep 240. So it's larger, probably holding more coolant, along with the better fans.

Finding any info on the segotep is a little difficult and what little I did see was from a Chinese site with horrible translations.

Most aio use the same pump setup. But that one looks a little different. So while it may perform better with high quality fans, it still won't perform as good as a larger cooler.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
huys i need help. So i want to buy a watercooler, there's a cheap water cooler called segotep AIO 240mm. and Corsair 115 240mm, i saw the reviews on youtube, and of course corsair 115 are way better than Segotep AIO even tho it has the same size. my thought is, the fans in corsair 115 are better, so if i change the fan of the SEGOTEP to the fan they used in corsair 115. will the performance be the same??

H115i is a 280mm cooler from the looks of it. So you might want to double check the product you were looking at. Did you mean the H100i?

I can't find the spec sheet for the segotep, website just doesn't seem to have anything? Might be being blocked by my browser, perhaps it can't render the site. Not sure. Either way it kind of looks like quite a few designs I've seen from other OEMs.

H115i is a 280mm cooler from the looks of it. So you might want to double check the product you were looking at. Did you mean the H100i?

I can't find the spec sheet for the segotep, website just doesn't seem to have anything? Might be being blocked by my browser, perhaps it can't render the site. Not sure. Either way it kind of looks like quite a few designs I've seen from other OEMs.
https://m.gearbest.com/cpu-cooler/pp_009204433448.html

That's one link I found. Its has better translation than the first I saw. I can't seem to find a manufacturer site, but this at least has some info about it. Not sure if it's the cooler OP was speaking of.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I found their website, looks like they have a slightly newer model, but the spec sheet page was literally blank.

Either way, I think the popular budget choice right now is the Cooler Master 240mm. If that is available it gets high marks for the cost.

Though any $60-80 air cooler is going to do just as well and be less complicated. I guess it comes down to how much you like RGB.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I can't find anything on who actually did the pump. It doesn't look like a standard asetek mount, nor coolit, and with as much as they throw grade8 motor at you (70k hrs is more than most fans), I'm thinking it's a custom in-house job. There's not many ppl who actually make those components, just like psu's, half a dozen OEM and a 1000 vendors. So the chances of the radiator performance being similar to the H100i is pretty good. What it usually boils down to is the fans. Just how well they are balanced to the rad. Take (for instance) the original non-rgb H150i Pro. Great cooler, awesome fans, quiet ML's that did a terrific job. The new H150i Pro RGB sucks. The fans look good, but that's where it ends. Performance is terrible compared to the original, Corsair just swapped fans for fancy lighting, and since the motor housing now has to also house the ARGB pcb, the motor got shortchanged. Not the right fans for the job.
The Segotep fans are decent static pressure fans, but only get that at 2000rpm,so consider them noisy from the start. Cutting back on duty cycle to a more reasonable 70% is still 1400rpm, quite audible.

So here's the kicker. Spend a little more for a known AIO, go shopping on other websites that might have a better solution, or get the segotep and then spend more money for a halfway decent and quiet fan. End result is you spend roughly the same all together, and with the segotep there's an unknown variable in the pump.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Why would you go with a cheap, small AIO like an H60 or H45 rather than a larger 240 AIO not named 'Segotep', such as Corsair or Cooler Master or others?

It sounds like you're simply toying with the idea that budget spending on an AIO is going to accomplish something significant - I can assure you it will not.

Nearly all AIOs use identical radiators for their size - most 240mm AIOs use identical 240mm aluminium radiator cores, 280mm's use the same 280mm cores, and so on. These parts are supplied to the manufacturer at the lowest possible cost, which is why they are nearly identical. The pumps used between them each are usually one of only a few manufacturers as well, so the only real differences being fans used.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS