[SOLVED] Water Cooling Fear

Solution
also just to a
Has anyone's Water Cooling pipes ever leaked causing it to break any component/s or do any minor damage?

leaks can happen, both in CLC or an open loop. i suggest looking at Jayztwocents on youtube regarding Open loop cooling he is pretty good at it.
as @Gam3r01 mentioned a poorly thought out and assembled open loop would leak.
same goes for cheap AIO or if you are just unlucky to get one with a factory defect or bad shipping.

for me personally i dont like custom loops due to the fact that you really need to maintain it for optimal performance, and maintenance requires at least a day to fully finish and have you up and running, but i can see why its also fun but again its just personal...
It certainly happens, and varies majorly depending on the situation.
A cheap AIO cooler, more likely to leak than a better made AIO.
A poorly done custom loop is going to leak more regularly than a custom loop with proper effort put into it.

What kind of water cooling are you looking at? Honestly, for most people its probably not worth the price let alone any risk that may exist.

Reactions: j3ster
Oct 13, 2019
It certainly happens, and varies majorly depending on the situation.
A cheap AIO cooler, more likely to leak than a better made AIO.
A poorly done custom loop is going to leak more regularly than a custom loop with proper effort put into it.

What kind of water cooling are you looking at? Honestly, for most people its probably not worth the price let alone any risk that may exist.
Something similar to a
ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
its around 280$

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
also just to a
Has anyone's Water Cooling pipes ever leaked causing it to break any component/s or do any minor damage?

leaks can happen, both in CLC or an open loop. i suggest looking at Jayztwocents on youtube regarding Open loop cooling he is pretty good at it.
as @Gam3r01 mentioned a poorly thought out and assembled open loop would leak.
same goes for cheap AIO or if you are just unlucky to get one with a factory defect or bad shipping.

for me personally i dont like custom loops due to the fact that you really need to maintain it for optimal performance, and maintenance requires at least a day to fully finish and have you up and running, but i can see why its also fun but again its just personal preference not to worry too much about my system.

thats why i personally go either high end air or really good AIO i dig NZXTs Kraken lineup due to the looks, pretty much all AIO would perform the same since they are either made by coolit or asetek just rebrands so the big difference in an AIO would be the fans you chose.

Solution